Author Topic: Who Or What Can We Declare War On ?  (Read 12965 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: Who Or What Can We Declare War On ?
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 11:12:32 AM »
What's NDAA?

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 05:24:37 PM »
Somewhere  in the Archives Jnevis and I have both posted the exact text of the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012.I can't find it right now but this will give you an idea.

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=18858.0

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 02:23:11 AM »
Just becuase you read the same book does not mean you get the same out of it.   look at the bibble, if talks about stoning whore and forcing rape vics to marry thier attackers.   most christans would not do those things, but there is a those that do.  Should we hate all christains becuase of that?   or what avout the jews, thier holy books are basicly the old testament.  Should we count those in that same group?
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 06:05:08 AM »
Tab, stoning was Jewish law not Christian prescription.  Rape victims marry their attackers....what are you talking about dude?

Where did you learn this?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 06:31:19 AM »
Not only that but the raper has to pay 50 ( some word that starts with s) of silver to the father.  Its in the OT.      search my threads. There is one about a baptist church. ( not the westbro lunnys either)  I can't use advanced search from my phone or I would find it for you.( for some reason to long in I have to go to text only view and can't get back to where I have clickable opitions  with out logging out.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:05:13 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 06:34:24 AM »
Found the passage  duet 22:28-29.   ( googling so pinch of salt.)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 06:37:31 AM »
Tab, please don't take this as a slight.  That was part of the Old Testament law prior to Christ's birth and crucifixion.  There were no Christians until after He was crucified and it's not a part of Christian "law".  The Old Testament was only law...it was pre-grace....it was based upon law and not at all on the precept of your sins being forgiven by Christ dying on the cross.  Yes they had (and some Jews still practice) blood sacrifices by the priests in the Old Testament but not the salvation by unmerrited favor through the blood of Christ.

The law can only condemn.  Without the law we would not know, not have standards of moral conduct, by which we could judge ourselves....we would have some type of twisted moral relativism which is something pervading our culture today.  With the law we can judge ourselves and perceive our personal state of being as being lost.  Through Christ we have grace and can obtain salvation that we cannot obtain by following law.  No one can follow the law without some tresspass, only Christ is able and through that we can accept him have that unmerrited favor, salvation by His shed blood.

Christians don't believe that a rape victim can be absolved by application of some amount of silver from the attacker.  In fact, the attacker can be forgiven under Christian teaching if that person is repentant...that's grace not something under the law under the Old Testament.  The victim forgiving them is something the victim would have to work out as terrible as that is...but that attacker who is truly sorry and repentant can be forgiven and receive salvation despite the despicable act.  Any sin condemns...the "worst sin" will put you at odds with God just like the "best sin"...sin is sin and it's fruit is death whatever it is.  We should be careful not to apply the law which we construct to live by here on earth in this adminstration among ourselves with what it takes for a right relationship with God.

From where did your perception of what Chritianity is come from?  I'm not being critical, just curious.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 01:11:33 PM »
What I am saying is there are christains out there that still beleave that.  So its fair to say there are musliams out there that do not beleave in killing all that won't convert.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 01:20:26 PM »
Just becuase some ones beliefs don't exactly fit yours does not mean they are not what they say they are.  Example the westbro crazys.   I would not call them chirstain or even babtists, but if thats what they beleave themselfs to be, then thats what they are.

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 06:05:48 PM »
Just becuase some ones beliefs don't exactly fit yours does not mean they are not what they say they are.  Example the westbro crazys.   I would not call them chirstain or even babtists, but if thats what they beleave themselfs to be, then thats what they are.

TAB that is so totally ridiculous it defies belief.
I hallucinate therefore I am a pink and purple Elephant ?
Obviously you have never been to a Karaoke Bar to listen to Drunk Japs who really believe they can sing going to town on "Viva Ras Vegas".

There used to be a lot of inland people who thought the earth was flat, they sincerely believed this.
It did not make it so.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk