Author Topic: Who Or What Can We Declare War On ?  (Read 12983 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Who Or What Can We Declare War On ?
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 07:58:56 PM »
Ok tom what would you call a group of people that read and beleave in the bible?   chirstian maybe?   what if that same group takes the text in conext or literally?  Are they still christain or some other group?    fwiw   most people that claim to be christain ( and all but yell it from the roof tops) generally are not.   
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 08:37:02 PM »
Ok tom what would you call a group of people that read and beleave in the bible?   chirstian maybe?   what if that same group takes the text in conext or literally?  Are they still christain or some other group?    fwiw   most people that claim to be christain ( and all but yell it from the roof tops) generally are not.   

If they follow the Bible yes they are Christians,
But where you go astray is that like the Constitution there are those who think it is a "living document" and parse it to suit themselves, these are not Christians, they are posers, no different than a person who owns ski's boot's and bindings, and claims to be a skier, but has never actually seen snow.
Another group of phony "christians" are those who oppose the death penalty, the Bible is very clear that some offenses such as poisoning can be punished no other way.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1072
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 08:47:52 PM »
TAB that is so totally ridiculous it defies belief.
I hallucinate therefore I am a pink and purple Elephant ?
Obviously you have never been to a Karaoke Bar to listen to Drunk Japs who really believe they can sing going to town on "Viva Ras Vegas".

There used to be a lot of inland people who thought the earth was flat, they sincerely believed this.
It did not make it so.

Oh, man....thanks for the belly-laugh, Tom..... I needed it today.  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 09:00:05 PM »
Oh, man....thanks for the belly-laugh, Tom..... I needed it today.  ;D

Yes, I thought that logic was pretty irrefutable.  ;D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 10:56:06 PM »
[quote author=tombogan03884 link=topic=20641.msg259487#msg259487 date=13488826
Another group of phony "christians" are those who oppose the death penalty, the Bible is very clear that some offenses such as poisoning can be punished no other way.
[/quote]
You mean like Catholics, Quakers and Episcopalians? ???
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 08:14:12 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2012, 08:50:39 AM »
[quote author=tombogan03884 link=topic=20641.msg259487#msg259487 date=13488826

You mean like Catholics, Quakers and Episcopalians? ???
FQ13

Yes. Also any denomination that does not condemn homosexuality, the Bible is pretty explicit about that as well.
If you don't agree with it that's your business, but don't call your self a Christian because you are not.
(Episcopalians are doubly screwed )
It's just like the Constitution, it is what it is, you don't get to pick and choose.
It's why while I am more or less Christian leaning, I will not call myself a Christian, there is to much I do not agree with. (although one item would be enough )

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 07:27:34 AM »
<snip> it is what it is, you don't get to pick and choose.
<snip>

You are exactly right.  We don't get to pick and choose.

But we do get to learn.

When is a person is saved he is saved at whatever level of Biblical knowledge and discernment he has at the time.  There is no miraculous data dump where a person is all knowing instantly.  So in this I say that though a person is saved he then has a lifetime of never ending learning where increasing revelation of Godly knowledge is gained.

Sometimes we don't learn a lesson and are destined to "go around the mountain" time and again until we get it right.  It's at that point a person is stuck in their Christian life and learning and just can't really progress from there until we learn what it is we're supposed to learn at that time....about the Word but mostly about ourselves and how that Word illuminates what we do.  Sometimes this is at a point where it becomes a fellowship issue with God and we hit a "dry spell" until we get it and get tired of ourselves.  It can also be a point where a person falls away from the faith and pursues their own interests and interpretations.

Sometimes we need to exercise breaking fellowship with a brother or sister when they don't get it because we would be supporting wrong things in them to help them learn so they no longer have to "wander in the wilderness" as it were.

Yes you are right that you don't get to pick and choose as if part of the Bible is right and part is wrong.  It's either all right....or not right at all.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 09:06:13 AM »
Rastus, I'm not talking about people who have accepted Christ, but don't have all the information yet.
I'm talking about the ones who will lecture for hours on what the Bible says, and then accept an openly gay bishop,
or like myself, have heard about that "turn the other cheek" thing and rejected it as simply a good way to get hit a second time.

Timothy

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 09:16:29 AM »
Rastus, I'm not talking about people who have accepted Christ, but don't have all the information yet.
I'm talking about the ones who will lecture for hours on what the Bible says, and then accept an openly gay bishop,
or like myself, have heard about that "turn the other cheek" thing and rejected it as simply a good way to get hit a second time.

Or guys like me who were raised as Christians and studied the Bible for a time and liken it to a historical novel rather than the actual "word"!  My primary theological teacher and Minister in my youth was also a HS Science instructor and chose to let us make our own decisions on the teachings of the book.  Since it's been re-written by a number of groups over the centuries with questionable motives, I look at it with a good bit of skepticism.

Sorry, but that's how I see it...

tombogan03884

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 09:42:42 AM »
The "Old Testament" had to be recreated from memory when the Jews were released from Babylon .
The books that compose the "Bible" were selected by the early Catholic Church, it includes 4 Gospels, or eyewitness accounts, however they were not put to paper until decades after the events described.
The Vatican archives contain more than 80 "gospels" some of those were written within days of the events.
The "New Testament" contains a number of letters written to various churches through out the middle East, they were chosen to serve the purposes of the Church, not necessarily Christianity.
At the time King James paid to have his version of the Bible compiled there were dozens of versions of the Bible containing a varied assortment of books, the currently used version was compiled to serve the Purposes of a Catholic English King, again, not necessarily the purposes of Christianity.
The most reliable information on the life and teachings of Christ are not in the Bible, which is in fact very unreliable, but in the Vatican archives since they have retained original source materials as far back as the writings of Peter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk