Author Topic: FBI: More People Killed with Hammers, Clubs Each Year than Rifles  (Read 3006 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: FBI: More People Killed with Hammers, Clubs Each Year than Rifles
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 10:27:36 PM »
The dreaded "Assault Bat"....

And we need hammer locks too.....
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 12:29:36 AM »
Whats funny is all the big names go after rifles,  when its most often hand guns that are used.   just look at the bradys.  He was shot with a snubby. ( a rossi 38 iirc)   yet the brady bill was about semi auot rifles and 10 + round mags.   why not ban snubbys?
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 08:50:21 AM »
Whats funny is all the big names go after rifles,  when its most often hand guns that are used.   just look at the bradys.  He was shot with a snubby. ( a rossi 38 iirc)   yet the brady bill was about semi auot rifles and 10 + round mags.   why not ban snubbys?

It was a .22 LR, I don't recall the brand.

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 10:35:01 AM »
Rohm RG.

I'm just worried that the depatrment of H.B.C. (hammers, bats, and clubs) is going to storm into my house an take my arsenal of hammers away.  (I have seven of them, including a finnishing hammer that could be used by spys for asssasinations.)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 10:37:57 AM »
Ulmus beat me to it....

Per Wiki:
Hinckley fired a Röhm RG-14 .22 cal. blue steel revolver six times in 1.7 seconds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_assassination_attempt

Tab, they did try to ban snubbies, ever heard the term "Saturday Night Special"? Like "assault rifle", a made up term meant to demonize small, low cost handguns.

Just the kind of gun a poor old couple might buy for protection if they lived in the projects. But they don't deserve to have 2A rights because of their low budget status.

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Sponsor

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 10:45:49 AM »
Ulmus beat me to it....

Per Wiki:
Hinckley fired a Röhm RG-14 .22 cal. blue steel revolver six times in 1.7 seconds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_assassination_attempt

Tab, they did try to ban snubbies, ever heard the term "Saturday Night Special"? Like "assault rifle", a made up term meant to demonize small, low cost handguns.

Just the kind of gun a poor old couple might buy for protection if they lived in the projects. But they don't deserve to have 2A rights because of their low budget status.

That's correct.
It was a racist phrase that according to one news story at the time came from the fact that "The darkies" bought these cheap guns, and when they got drunk on Saturday night would shoot each other with them" IIRC it was the NYC Chief of Police who continued on to assure America that if they got these cheap guns out of the hands of the less rational blacks then crime would go away.
Except of course for  corruption, in the NYPD, and politics in general , have to find another utopian solution for that.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 02:58:05 PM »
That's correct.
It was a racist phrase that according to one news story at the time came from the fact that "The darkies" bought these cheap guns, and when they got drunk on Saturday night would shoot each other with them" IIRC it was the NYC Chief of Police who continued on to assure America that if they got these cheap guns out of the hands of the less rational blacks then crime would go away.
Except of course for  corruption, in the NYPD, and politics in general , have to find another utopian solution for that.

Most all restrictive gun legislation from years past were based on racist policies.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

McGyver

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 03:09:40 PM »
Personally, I'm not gun-racist at all. I like blued and parkerized just as well as stainless and nickel finishes!  ;D
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
On John Wayne's Tombstone

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 07:13:31 PM »
Before the Clinton AWB ALL gun laws were aimed at least in part, at disarming blacks.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 02:02:49 PM »
 :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk