Author Topic: I Just Saw FiFi  (Read 4310 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
FiFi is down....
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 06:01:53 PM »
It's a good thing I took a flight on FiFi when I did instead of waiting until next year.  You never know what tomorrow will bring.

FiFi's #2 engine went down and it's going to cost $250k to get her in the air again.  

There's a donation page....just in case any of you guys want to help keep a piece of history flying.  I'm going to chip in and forego some training to save on ammo.

So, if you'd like, here's the link to donate: http://www.keepfififlying.org/

:'(
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

Re: I Just Saw FiFi
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »
I bookmarked the page for a future donation!

Thanks!

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: FiFi is down....
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 03:26:45 AM »
It's a good thing I took a flight on FiFi when I did instead of waiting until next year.  You never know what tomorrow will bring.

FiFi's #2 engine went down and it's going to cost $250k to get her in the air again.  

There's a donation page....just in case any of you guys want to help keep a piece of history flying.  I'm going to chip in and forego some training to save on ammo.

So, if you'd like, here's the link to donate: http://www.keepfififlying.org/

:'(

250k maybe the Obamas can skip a 2 day trip to the Hamptons and pay for it. Or sell a couple of that hideous bitch's outfits.
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 05:03:23 AM »

<jealous>

So very
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

cooptire

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 05:51:12 PM »
I remember seeing a documentary on the one that made an emergency landing in Greenland (I think) during WWII. It was restored on the ice and made airworthy only to be consumed by fire after they did a taxi test. A mechanic died during the restoration after working in the cold. So sad on many levels.  :'(
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:19:34 AM »

BAC

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 08:05:32 PM »
FiFi was the last operational B-29.  Its last flight for the Air Force was on June 21, 1960.  It was just on Great Planes on Military Channel.

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 08:07:59 PM »
Any word on the repair progress ?

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 11:36:57 PM »
Sorry to bring up an old topic but.
When I was visiting my old dad in the home before he passed I was talking to 90 year old man who used to fly Lancaster Bombers, now I know they are very different than the old B52s but some of his stories was amazing, he talked about bombing germany about the tailgunner that was shot in half etc.
Its such a shame that no one takes the time these days to spend time with these old people, their knowledge, their wisdom, courage and memories are astonishing. Unfortunately 99.9% of these types of people will die with out their story being known.
To hear him speak about them flying these war machines was hypnotising.
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk