Author Topic: For My Father and me  (Read 4177 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
For My Father and me
« on: December 24, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »
First Christmas without Dad. Trying to come to grips that I won't be seeing him or calling him to hear his words of advice and comfort.

He became a man of God, was not afraid to face the devil, found peace at the end of his life, and went to heaven a shoutin'

This song just resonates.

Peace be upon you and Merry Christmas.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: For My Father and me
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 08:10:40 PM »
I'm sorry for your loss - and I pray that God blesses you with the peace that's greater than any peace... and the joy that's greater than any joy.  An abiding faith in the Lord provides the strength, the courage, and the wisdom to endure the dark times and to welcome the good times that are sure to follow.  Your Dad is home now... and happier than he's ever been.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 08:07:07 AM »
TW, my Dad passed many years ago, 22 years last October to be exact. The loss dulls, but never leaves you. There are times I still wish I had Dad around to talk to, get advice from, and generally discuss life's situations, good or bad. Savor his presence in your life, and strive to apply his lessons in your life.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 10:58:42 AM »
Prayer for peace and comfort, TW.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 11:14:17 AM »
TW, I am not equipped to pass judgement on the status of a man's soul, but last week a friend passed away very shortly after a  diagnosis of metastatic cancer.

He had often stated he was not much of a man of faith, and I was not able to reach him.  

He died in hospice a few blocks from where I live just a week after being released from the hospital.  

His actual death was fraught with terror as his eyes went to pinpricks and he screamed in fear as death claimed him.  

He grabbed onto his wife's arm so tightly that his nails broke her skin and his fingers left bruises.  He squeezed his grand-daughter's hand so tightly she needed medical help when he finally released her as he died.

I believe he may have been suddenly confronted with the reality of his lifelong decisions to dismiss God--and that reality scared him badly at the end of his road.

You say your own father found great peace in his decision to come to the Lord and joyfully entered Paradise to be with his Savior.

That alone should provide you with a depth of peace, my friend.

Will you continue to miss him?  Of course.  

But even when you miss him most acutely, you can take solace in the knowledge that he is there on that distant shore ready to welcome you home many years from now.

God bless you and give you peace, TW.  And Merry Christmas, brother.

Crusader
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:13:44 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk