Author Topic: The Home Defense Bullet  (Read 6035 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: The Home Defense Bullet
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 09:56:14 AM »
Looks like a good excuse to get that revolver you have always wanted; your issue is a non-issue with a revolver;-)

Yeah...but it's a PITA to unload it and then load it  every time.  But at least you only have six rounds to save your life with rather than the a greater number that you might need.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 12:54:05 PM »
So who says you only have one revolver? And there are speed loaders. I understand the arguments in favor of semi-automatics with large capacity magazines. I also understand the arguments in favor of revolvers with magnum calibers. I've made my choice ( a hint in the first sentence) and I'm sure many of you have as well.
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 02:10:39 PM »
you could do that, but on both my 2 main carry guns( both 1911s)  you would have to wrap the slide to get it into battery.    I just rip it back and let it go. 

And that crash is how the bullet gets set back. Just grab the slide and push it into battery slowly. 
Works fine on my 1911s.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 02:13:51 PM »
my sd ammo gets shot up before its a real issue, so no big deal for me.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

rich642z

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 09:44:06 PM »
I carry a revolver all the time I go out.  I carry a SP101 in 2.25 inch barrel in .357/38.  With 4 extra HKS speed loaders.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:26:06 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk