Author Topic: 'Rimfire' 'scope or regular on .22lr?  (Read 10300 times)

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 'Rimfire' 'scope or regular on .22lr?
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 07:37:45 PM »
And if you pawned one of those you might be able to put a down payment on a brick of .22s.

My experience started with a pair of binos.
When your business is detailed animal observation, optics matter.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 01:54:22 PM »
I have a Diavari (C?) 3-9x on my old Sako Forester as my primary hunting rifle and it's certainly a decent enough 'scope for around these parts but I have a wealthy friend who has just put Schmidt und Benders on a couple of long range AR's and there is simply no comparison.
The whole optics thing seems to be neverending. I think this forthcoming little Leupold will do for 'coons in the back 40 though.
Best Wishes, Mike.

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 07:34:44 PM »
BIC,
That Leupold looks like a nice scope.  Leopold has a rimfire scope that has the paralex set at 60 yards, and that may be the one.

I recently put one of these on a Ruger 10 -22 and love it.  Weaver 3-9x32 with adjustable objective.
You can get them a little cheaper than Optics Planet, but I got really good service from them.
http://www.opticsplanet.com/weaver-rifle-scopes-v10-10x50.html
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 08:30:20 PM »
Here's what I bought this morning from Natchez:

It's a Leupold FX1 4X fixed power Rimfire, a little over $200 with a pair of those fancy screw in 'scope caps thrown in.

I'll send pics of it mounted when it arrives.

and here it is mounted to my eventual satisfaction, using low Zee rings:

This was my third try with various rings and I found I needed the narrowness of the Zee rings to achieve the desired sight picture, I also found that Leupold "rifleman" rings are crap.
Best Wishes, Mike.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk