Author Topic: Trigger Pull Comparison  (Read 6442 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Trigger Pull Comparison
« on: May 25, 2008, 03:48:22 PM »
OK...I've been crying about my SR9 trigger so I got around to pulling out the Lyman digital trigger gauge to test it....then I pulled out a few more guns to test.  Here are the results so far and all were taken at single action if so designed...maybe a few more later...still cleaning guns.  Also...at least 10 tries for an average trigger pull weight!

• Taurus M85 Titanium Snubbie 2lbs 2 oz. + clean break + no creep
    Ruger SR9  7 lbs 11 oz after cleaning..before cleaning after around 250+ rounds was 9 lbs 9 oz
    Ruger MK II Gov't Comp. 22LR 2 lbs 14 oz (see..they can do it!)
    Browning BDA 380 5 lbs 2 oz
    M&P 45 (after trigger job, should lighten a tad) 4 lbs 8 oz
    FNP9 4 lbs 11 oz
    FN Five SeveN 6 lbs 8 oz
    Sig Mosquito 5 lbs 6 oz
    CZ 75 B in 40 S&W 4 lbs 10 oz
    CZ 75 B SP-01 9MM (New...unfired) 7 lbs 2 oz
    Kimber Team Match 45 ACP3 lbs 14 oz
    Kimber Eclipse 10 MM 4 lbs 6 oz
    Browning Challenger III  22 LR 3lbs 5 oz

The Ruger MKII trigger was lighter but the pull on the Browning Challenger was shorter and crisper.  I like the Browning trigger better overall and shoot better with it even though it's nearly 1/2 lb more pull.  The Taurus is used for carry in DA...on SA it's way to light, crisp and short travel for a personal defense situation...touch it and boom.  I'm thinking 3 to 3-1/2 lbs is just about right....depending on the takeup and break.

The best trigger by far....a Tauras M85 Titanium snubbie...don't you hate it?  I can't use it on SA for personal defense because it's too sensitive for a carry application so it's good for DA use only....wouldn't you know it?     
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Trigger Pull Comparison
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »
I need to get one of those Lyman devices. Nice run down. I don't hate it a bit. I have a Stainless Rossi M971, Interarms model, and it
sits nicely loaded with 5 (1 on empty chamber), Federal 158 gr. HP, right by my nightstand. DA or SA its on target. Goes Bang!, and I can hit what I hope never to find out in the dark.

Some may not hold Rossi in the same regard as the Bigger names, but I would trust it at 2:38 a.m. when something goes bump in the night. No problem.

Thanks for the post and info, I have another gun accessory to get. The wife will understand. At least its not another gun.(yet). ::)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk