Author Topic: Recoil Reducing Stocks  (Read 12275 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Recoil Reducing Stocks
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 07:25:24 AM »
That's a good idea to get her out on the range. I'm taking my time with this because if I push too much she'll get all girlie and won't go for it at all.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 10:41:47 PM »
field grade guns have a lot of fall to the stock, and allow you get smacked in the cheek under recoil...if you can find a high comb trap or skeet stock it will help considerably as they break away from your face under recoil... if not, one of the rubber saddles can be glued to the comb of the stock... a little hard to see on my Benelli, but it's been on there since about 2006

tstand

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 09:45:25 PM »
I had an Ati 'recoil reducing stock' that did not help a bit. Then I got the Blackhawk Knoxx.

I have owned the first and also second generation stock. The second generation has a better grip and more adjustment notches on the stock. It also reduces the recoil a bit better. I am sensitive to recoil and with this stock, I am quite comfortable firing for a while.

However, you can still experience "cheek slap" with the newer model. I learned this recently when I let my wife shoot my Mossberg 500 and we had to shorten the stock to the second position. Afterwards I forgot to readjust the stock and fired it. Ouch! A nice punch in the cheek bone. If you keep it adjusted to the third or higher position you will not experience the cheek slap though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk