Author Topic: Another Obama flip-flop: Jerusalem  (Read 8833 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Another Obama flip-flop: Jerusalem
« on: June 05, 2008, 10:13:16 PM »
"Change you can believe in expect a retraction for"

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/06/05/another-obama-flip-flop-jerusalem/

Barack Obama had to backtrack on foreign policy yet again today, this time on Jerusalem. He tried to outdo John McCain at AIPAC yesterday by insisting that Jerusalem remain the undivided capital of Israel. The Palestinians erupted in anger at that statement, and by the end of the day they had Obama backpedaling:

Facing criticism from Palestinians, Sen. Barack Obama acknowledged today that the status of Jerusalem will need to be negotiated in future peace talks, amending a statement earlier in the week that Jerusalem “must remain undivided.”

Obama, during a speech Wednesday to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, a pro-israel lobbying group, had called for Jerusalem to become the site of the U.S. embassy, a frequent pledge for U.S. presidential candidates. (It is now in Tel Aviv.) But his statement that Jerusalem should be the undivided capital of Israel drew a swift rebuke from Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

Today he tried extracting his foot from his mouth, without much success:

Obama quickly backtracked today in an interview with CNN.

“Well, obviously, it’s going to be up to the parties to negotiate a range of these issues. And Jerusalem will be part of those negotiations,”
Obama said when asked whether Palestinians had no future claim to the city.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Ron J

Re: Another Obama flip-flop: Jerusalem
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 09:42:30 PM »
A week or so (?) ago on FOX, they had a Palestinian in the Chicagoland area saying how a couple of years ago, B-HO was one of their supporters. 

1.  Christians don't understand him given his ties to a church that preaches hate. 
2.  Jews don't trust him.
3.  Hamas is supporting him. 

Hmmm? 

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 07:08:27 AM »
A week or so (?) ago on FOX, they had a Palestinian in the Chicagoland area saying how a couple of years ago, B-HO was one of their supporters. 

1.  Christians don't understand him given his ties to a church that preaches hate. 
2.  Jews don't trust him.
3.  Hamas is supporting him. 

Hmmm? 

This Christian understands him.  That "church" cries out the name of Jesus but isn't anything about Jesus.  It's a feel-good sham with a leftist-Marxist agenda.  And for those of you who might be crawling into a hidey hole because have been led to believe, erroneously, that we "shouldn't judge anyone"....here ya go: 
1 Corinthians 6:2-4 (King James Version)
 2. Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
 3. Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
 4. If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

OK...you made me pull out "the big guns".  I'm not on a crusade to save board members here this was for non-Christians to see not all who call on the name of Christ are Christians and that the Christians (saints) here that might be feeling uncomfortable "judging" these little matters could have a little something to stand on.

In a supreme effort to avoid a rant on how the Christian "religion" has been hijacked by shysters....how is the weather around your place today?  Got any new guns lately, been to the range?  What's your favorite deer caliber and whose bullet do you prefer?  Tiptoe...through the tulips...."Yea though I walk....."

Team Infidel
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 07:29:37 AM »
It still amazes me that a canidate endorsed by the Black Panthers, Hamas, Iran, and Fidel Castro could ever possibly be a party's nominee for POTUS and STAND A CHANCE OF WINNING!!!! :o

How is this freaking possible? ???
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 07:42:33 AM »
Lots of reasons, not the least of which is lack of moral foundation and knowing who we are in this nation.  Our core beliefs are being rejected by more and more people.  Think back to 2002...is there anyway anyone with a middle name like he has, a mooslim (mispelled intentionally) daddy and those relationships could have been considered....no way.

Six years later....is it desensitization?  Is this the fruit of not standing for something?  Picking the lesser of 2 evils in elections?

I do not like the society we are becoming. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:54:51 PM »

TexGun

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 08:40:40 AM »
The other day, shortly after clinching the delegate count, he was interviewed by a CNN reported and flip-flopped on his promise to start troop withdrawals from Iraq immediately.  He's now singing a song that sounds strangely like McCain or even Bush.  I believe one of his quotes went something like, “it’s a dynamic and changing situation," and "it would be irresponsible to...blah...blah.."  Didn't we all already know that?

Gotta love consistency.  Get ready for more!

Neon Knight Anubis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 09:21:05 AM »
I think I'd be more surprised if someone pointed out something that Obama was consistent on, other than taxes and gun control of course.
We'll know for the first time
If we're evil or divine
We're the last in line

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 11:36:40 AM »
It still amazes me that a canidate endorsed by the Black Panthers, Hamas, Iran, and Fidel Castro could ever possibly be a party's nominee for POTUS and STAND A CHANCE OF WINNING!!!! :o

Part of it may be because he is a new face, not the same old crew. Another part of it may be that he attends church on a fairly regular basis, even if that church IS a bunch of crazy America hating demagogues.  These are the same type of "I have all the only right answers" A$$holes that have blackened the reputation of Christianity through out history. Things like the inquasition, and sectarian fueding in Europe undermine the many good deeds of the majority. The milk of human kindness does not flow in their veins. :-[

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 02:58:06 PM »

Bullseye!

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 03:00:08 PM »
The other day, shortly after clinching the delegate count, he was interviewed by a CNN reported and flip-flopped on his promise to start troop withdrawals from Iraq immediately.  He's now singing a song that sounds strangely like McCain or even Bush.  I believe one of his quotes went something like, “it’s a dynamic and changing situation," and "it would be irresponsible to...blah...blah.."  Didn't we all already know that?

Gotta love consistency.  Get ready for more!

Thats because in the primary he is trying to appeal only to the Dems, and mainly the far left..... now that the general election has begun he will try to take a more moderate position and tray to appeal to all voters -------------> "Tell them anything that they want to hear so they will vote for me".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk