Author Topic: sigsaur mosquito  (Read 13854 times)

fullautovalmet76

Re: sigsaur mosquito
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2008, 10:27:49 PM »
For those curious to know how the Mosquito did after a thousand rounds (see earlier post), I can say the gun performed well. I have fired 1100 rounds and have had 10 misfeeds/misfires, all without cleaning. I used some really bad ammo, which I will not use again- Remington Thunderbolt. I used it all the way through and the gun still performed well during my firing.

With that said, the gun does have some drawbacks. The double action pull could be much better but is manageable. The sights that came with the gun allows one to shoot high. As a consequence of the trigger, accuracy is not as good as those on Ruger 22/45 but I don't believe the gun was designed to be a tack driver either.

My suggestion is for one to buy this gun if they are looking to practice with a .22 cal instead of larger calibers and more expensive ammo. My carry gun is a Glock 30 (45 ACP) so I use this gun to practice with and to save on ammunition. Plus, I have the option to equip it with a suppressor at a later date. In short this is a good gun to practice with but don't expect it to shoot like a Browning or a Ruger.

Cheers!

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2008, 10:48:07 PM »
You and Rastus seem to have gotten both the good ones.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2008, 11:04:49 AM »
You and Rastus seem to have gotten both the good ones.

Another 100+ rounds through it last Wednesday.  You may be right Tom, we may have gotten the good ones....not to rub that in Haz.  Haz...still got yours?  Give you $50+/- plus shipping...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

KW Gary M

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 12:25:39 PM »
Am I ever glad I read this.  I was thinking hard about buying one as a toy to shoot cheap.  Thanks guys!!!!!!

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 01:04:23 PM »
Am I ever glad I read this.  I was thinking hard about buying one as a toy to shoot cheap.  Thanks guys!!!!!!

If you can't have Rastus pick it out for you, then avoid them  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:46:36 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk