Author Topic: Vertical automobile long gun carrier...??  (Read 9829 times)

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Vertical automobile long gun carrier...??
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 03:44:28 PM »
Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking...my passenger seat has a pocket on the back - that might work if the rifle will sit sideways?
Best Wishes, Mike.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 06:38:34 PM »
I'll give a report after mine arrives!

Looking forward to that review! 
Since the truck in the video is a clone of my truck (I think mine is a year or two newer), that looks like a nifty mount...and the price is really reasonable.     

on edit: I already ordered one too....about $9 on Amazon.
By the time I was done ordering other gun parts, you made me spend 50!!!
  ;)
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 08:44:19 PM »
I watched the video again and when the guy was replacing the gun, it did seem like he was taking care to place the butt of the gun in a certain place....wonder what he was using.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 08:54:21 PM »
Looking forward to that review! 
Since the truck in the video is a clone of my truck (I think mine is a year or two newer), that looks like a nifty mount...and the price is really reasonable.     

on edit: I already ordered one too....about $9 on Amazon.
By the time I was done ordering other gun parts, you made me spend 50!!!
  ;)

Happy to help!....I bought 3 at full price plus $15 shipping....you win.
Best Wishes, Mike.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 07:15:00 PM »
Mine arrived today and after much careful inspection I still couldn't figure out how it might work but I followed the instructions (yes me!) and fitted it as described to the head restraint pole, found a rifle and.......it was only THEN I figured out the design - it works great!!!

(the 'secret' is in the elastic! :-X)
Best Wishes, Mike.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:49:12 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 07:17:02 PM »
Bic,

Does it seem like the butt will stay put?

Take care.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 07:34:56 PM »
I guess it depends upon the butt and the floor...that SCAR has rubber on the butt and it  seemed pretty secure on the carpet - I haven't tried any other combo yet.
Best Wishes, Mike.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 03:51:17 PM »
I've been to busy (read: lazy) to try mine out yet.
I have a rubber butt pad on my adjustable stock so it should be fine.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 12:23:14 PM »
HMMM...

I LIKE the design but it wouldn't work on my 96 Ranger.  The 'head rest' is built into the seat, no pop up or adjustment.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 02:10:14 PM »
Found both the Lucid Snap Rack and an alternative that might work where the Lucid won't..both on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/LUCID-Firearm-Storage-Solution-Vehicles/dp/B00BI6V716

And the alternative  Rack'Em 6156 Mount Anywhere Shotgun or Rifle Rack

http://www.amazon.com/RackEm-6156-Mount-Anywhere-Shotgun/dp/B005A32D70/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=14ZPFF99Y4T28H1KKJHD
—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk