Author Topic: Broke my SERPA  (Read 3250 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Broke my SERPA
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:08:56 PM »
From time to time I have to remove my daily carry rig for various reasons such as going into the county administration building for auto tags (they just installed new manned metal detectors after the passage of the law allowing CCW in gov't buildings) and sometimes for things such as wallowing around under my truck changing oil.

Generally, this time of year finds me carrying my G27 in a SERPA, fit with the paddle attachment. When I take it off, I usually stick it right under the front of my driver's seat.
After returning from a week of camping (first vacation with just me and the wife in many years) I removed it while unhooking the camper and such. When I got back in the seat, I forgot to grab the holstered pistol and I guess I must have stepped on it just right and broke the paddle right at the top edge.

Fortunately, I use the belt-slide attachment on my 1911 SERPA and had a spare paddle attachment....so, it was an easy fix.

**See attached pic.....this is a stock photo from the web, I inserted the arrow to show the area of the break.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
Re: Broke my SERPA
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 04:57:38 PM »
From time to time I have to remove my daily carry rig for various reasons such as going into the county administration building for auto tags (they just installed new manned metal detectors after the passage of the law allowing CCW in gov't buildings)

A word for of explanation for non-Georgians.  The new law removes criminal penalties from CCW in county and city buildings IF, they don't have any provision for detecting said concealed carry.   Many smaller counties and cities have never had metal detectors.

So in a panic, having never prevented criminals from carrying inside their buildings, these smaller governments are installing metal detectors to stop law abiding citizens from CCW in their buildings.  Go figure.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 05:51:18 PM »
A word for of explanation for non-Georgians.  The new law removes criminal penalties from CCW in county and city buildings IF, they don't have any provision for detecting said concealed carry.   Many smaller counties and cities have never had metal detectors.

So in a panic, having never prevented criminals from carrying inside their buildings, these smaller governments are installing metal detectors to stop law abiding citizens from CCW in their buildings.  Go figure.

THX for the 'splainin.  I wuz cornfuzed.  :o
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 10:18:34 PM »
Sorry for the confusion...... there was a thread related to the newest change to the law and my brain farted a tad.....forgetting that many missed that.

Thanks for the clerical work, Alf.     ;)

Alf hit the nail on the head.... especially with the "panic" statement.

Our government building is across from the courthouse......but also has a courtroom. It has had metal detectors at the courtroom entrance for years, and they were only manned during court. Now they have installed a new one at the main entry of the building and made that the only access for entry. Now they pay a full-time deputy to man it, and even he said the move was ridiculous.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk