Author Topic: "Expanded Background Checks"  (Read 2702 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
"Expanded Background Checks"
« on: March 04, 2015, 07:53:01 AM »
Expanded Background Checks - That is the new wording for the old Universal Background Checks.  Gabby and Mark are slated to fire the opening salvo over our bow this morning as this legislation is introduced.

Get ready for another loud and emotional period that will reveal the thinkers and the sheep in our ranks.

By the way, can you hear Hillary's camp saying "thank God" for a distraction in the midst of revelation of misconduct on her part?  Quick, look, I think Dancing With The Stars is about to come on again.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

vincewarde

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "Expanded Background Checks"
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 08:09:42 PM »
They know that they will NEVER get a federal "universal" background check bill passed through the current congress.  So, they are going for something more realistic: Mandatory checks in places where strangers buy and sell guns - such as gun shows.  Personally, I will never sell a gun to a stranger without a background check, but that is my personal choice.

If they really wanted to expand background checks, they would offer to support CCW reciprocity in exchange.  However, few - if any - gun control advocates are willing to sign on to anything that expands gun rights.  Instead they keep up their campaign of lies - which is getting them nowhere at the federal level.   The day when they actually offer to support "common sense" laws that expand gun rights will be the day that I believe that the group in question does not have a goal of banning all guns.  I am not holding my breath.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 05:11:17 AM »
... Mandatory checks in places where strangers buy and sell guns - such as gun shows. 

As I've harped on for some time.  Such "targeting" amounts to violation of the 1st amendment.

"Congress shall make no law...abridging... the right of the people peaceably to assemble" 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 08:53:22 AM »
Vince,

What you describe is exactly what they are pushing, and it is nothing but universal background checks by a different name and sales pitch.

I agree that we should have Carry Permit reciprocity, just like Driver's License, and that card should stand as the proof that a person may legally purchase and own a firearm.  If the person does not have a Carry Permit their government issued ID (Driver's License, etc.) should identify eligibility.  However, let me also state that if we are going to require this type of restriction on the Second Amendment it must also be applied to all protections of our Rights.  How far do you think the Liberal Left, or the Fudds would go in making a level playing field concerning speech, voting, assembly, religion (had to strike that one, because this has already gone the way of the Second), etc.?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 01:12:55 PM »
Have to have the permission of local law enforcement to be exempt from slavery ?  ;D
That would make their heads explode.  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:58:44 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk