Author Topic: looking for a lower parts kit.  (Read 22237 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: looking for a lower parts kit.
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2016, 11:44:02 AM »
range report time

1st it is loud, I mean seems louder then a 223.    not a lot of flash.

the spring I have is too stiff would not cycle at all, so started cutting off half coils.   2.5 coils did the trick.

off handwith an acog on it, it will shoot  3" groups at 50 yards, but how much of that is me using just the acog  on a paper plate and how much is the rifle I am not sure.  would need to put a real scope on it and do a proper test.  I just used some double tap 125 grainers for the test.  chrono read from 1921-1968  at about 10'  with most falling in the high 40s to low 50s.    which would put the muzzle energy right at about 1050.  which is damn close to the 1100 a 55 gr puts out at 3k fps.

still lots of tweaking to do, but I am headed back out on the road and will not be back until the middle of march.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2016, 12:59:27 PM »
Make sure you have te right buffer components for a carbine, both the spring AND buffer are different.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2016, 02:15:20 PM »
It's okay, I had an upper for 5 years before it got its own lower.

I'm all caught up now.  Equal number of Uppers and Lowers.  I think my next project is moving on to the 10/22 project.   If I can just find a cheap, bunged up 10/22 starter. 
I just picked up a 40-Year Anniversary model from a buddy of mine for $100.  My dad wanted a ground squirrel sniper rifle and I had this in the safe   ;D

He asked me what he should do, so I told him to go to Midway and start looking for what he wants.  Ship it to me and we will wring it out this summer when he comes down  8)
He who dares wins.  SAS

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2016, 02:42:57 PM »
Make sure you have te right buffer components for a carbine, both the spring AND buffer are different.

I bought a 10mm upper.  then had a 9mm barrel cut for the 9x25

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2016, 03:00:11 PM »
Any pics?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 11:08:05 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2016, 05:29:55 PM »
on my phone

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk