Author Topic: Glock model 40  (Read 3699 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Glock model 40
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 04:59:53 PM »
congratulations... I'm working my way down the recoil chain to that of "pussy"... started with a 30/30 in a Merrill, .44mag, .357mag, .45, .40,  currently at 9mm... if USPSA ever allows .380's I'm in... (currently waiting for some 95 grain .380 bullets for my 9mm PCC)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 08:18:47 PM »
I think the .40 is great in that it gives you a smaller package than a .45ACP but with a significant gain of power over 9mm.    I tried a Springfield Armory XD for a while, but I was shooting Production so there was nothing to gain by going with .40. 

I'm kinda like Les.  Been downsizing, mainly in the number of calibers.  Pretty much stuck on 9mm and .38/.357, with some .44, .45 and I added back .380 last month.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 10:53:54 PM »
15+1 rounds of 10mm is hard to beat for a walking through the woods handgun. Much better than the Government Model .45 or .357 magnum revolver I used to carry when I hunted. I just don't know what I would use a 10mm for now.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 06:25:50 AM »
Frank I have a Eclipse 2 from Kimber in 10MM with a 24 lb spring in it.  It works great.  It's what I carry when I'm in the woods when I don't carry a rifle and there are hogs around.  I don't want to get gored by a hog.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 12:25:55 PM »
I read that a hog's tucks are sharp enough to slice you open. I wouldn't want to carry anything smaller than 10mm if I knew they were around.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:00:44 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk