Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 180614 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #910 on: December 26, 2020, 09:08:12 PM »
I put my last half-dozen boneless wing dings in the microwave and when I finally took them out the mac and cheese in the oven was almost done so I waited another minute or two. It was 4 pounds 12 ounces of Stouffer's mac & cheese and when it was halfway done I took it out and stirred it up. I had an 8 ounce bag of finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese in the fridge and no definite plans for it so I put it all on the mac & cheese before I put it back in the oven. The cheddar migrated toward the center so I stirred it in and spooned the hot, soupy mac & cheese on the plate with my chicken chunks. Sometimes I put salsa on my mac & cheese but I put a little cup of leftover hot sauce from La Azteca on it. It tasted pretty darned good. I thought it might be too hot with that much hot sauce on it but it was fine. This is about lunch time for me today so I'm going to have some more. I have to use that delicious hot sauce before it goes bad since it doesn't have any preservatives in it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #911 on: December 26, 2020, 10:49:47 PM »
***FUTURE***

Sunday noon!

Ribeye on the grill!  Green bean hotdish, grilled potatoes, and grilled garlic toast.

A couple weeks ago I brought home a 23# boneless Ribeye.  Wednesday was six weeks since processing, so I cut it and vacuum sealed each steak - 1.5" thick.  I gave three to the neighbor, kept 2 out for the weekend, and froze the rest.

These came from National in Liberal, KS.  They are Angus that is graded Choice.  When I was cutting I would have graded these Prime.  Christmas eve the daughter did an 8# Prime Rib from the same load, and it was butter knife tender.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #912 on: December 31, 2020, 12:00:39 AM »
That sound so good Mike.

Present > Kawkawlin River Snack Sticks from Troll Smokehouse in Kawkawlin, MI. Good meaty sausage sticks with a peppery flavor.

I picked them up in the town my younger brother used to live in, when I took him to be bore-scoped from the breech end. As many people know Michigan is divided into 2 peninsulas, connected by the 5 mile (-20') long Mackinac Bridge. We call people in the Upper Peninsula Yoopers, and they call us people below the bridge Trolls. I never heard of Troll Smokehouse before but I like these, and whatever the other brand of stuff was I got for the first time at the same store. When I'm in the mood for a little road trip I'll have to go back and try something else, and see if they have reduced price turnovers again too. I love turnovers and could eat over a dozen of them in a day.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #913 on: December 31, 2020, 11:46:05 AM »
Had Bojangles Cajun fillet biscuit and tater rounds for NYE lunch..... don't know what's for supper.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #914 on: January 02, 2021, 09:32:04 AM »
Fish sticks. I don't have tarter sauce but I have lots of mayo, so I diced up some of my friends' home grown spicy pickles and stirred those in with some gochujang chili hot sauce. The dipping sauce tastes better than the fish sticks which are minced wild caught Alaskan pollock. They were a lot cheaper than the whole cut pollock fish sticks, and at least they aren't crap-eating farm-raised tilapia.

Sponsor

« Reply #915 on: Today at 03:51:54 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #915 on: January 05, 2021, 07:33:52 PM »
Chicken fried steak and mashed, with country gravey.

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #916 on: January 06, 2021, 08:52:14 AM »
I am so F$#KING sick of coming up with meal ideas,
I am sick of cooking.
Still fond of eating though.   
Freezer case, here I come   ;D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #917 on: January 06, 2021, 04:59:14 PM »
I am sick of cooking.

I know how that goes too.
I had a strawberry pop tart for lunch.  ???

This time of year we are trying to get the remaining pecans off the ground and sold (as weather permits) before the already 30-year-low prices drop even lower. By the time dark shows up neither the wife or myself is desiring to cook....... we finished up early today so she went to the deer stand and I am having Nilla Wafers and a Coke Zero.  ;D

We grab more fast food between Halloween and Christmas, but it's easy to get burned out on that because there's only a few fast food joints in town that we eat at any more....the rest were crap before (food and/or service, take your pick) and got worse since the Chiney Flu hit.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #918 on: January 06, 2021, 09:17:00 PM »
Food wishes on YouTube
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #919 on: January 06, 2021, 09:33:03 PM »
I am sick of cooking.

It was easier when you were doing the McDonald's thing though....   :o
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk