Author Topic: 2nd Amendment March  (Read 1973 times)

graywolf

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
2nd Amendment March
« on: March 26, 2018, 08:36:07 PM »
On April 19th 2010 a call went out to celebrate the Second Amendment in Washington, D.C.  There were few "corporate sponsors", no Hollywood celebrities, some minor political figures and no big name musicians or flashy venues for the speakers. All told there were about 1800 attendees who paid their own way as well as lodging and meals.  Some money was raised by way of some small "town hall events" where Tshirts and bumper stickers were sold. Some firearm and ammunition companies, as well as retail outlets were contacted but none were interested in this grass roots effort.  The NRA told them that they do not support these types of venues because if the crowd is small the press will have a field day.  If the turnout is exceedingly large, the press won't even cover it. But they set up a small tent to sign up or renew memberships. Yes, I was one of the 1800. I did make calls to firearm suppliers and vendors. I am not bragging, I just wanted to let you know first hand these things were tried.  And NO I won't mention who said what.  Perhaps, when WE lose our Rights, we can have a better showing. Or maybe not, I could be wrong.
Hannibal ad portas  Hannibal is at the gates

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: 2nd Amendment March
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 06:54:02 AM »
Here is another thing that makes me wonder about all of this. Who is allowing these kids to just get up and walk out of classes, to attend these "marches" anytime they please? Is discipline really that lax in these schools? I grew up in the 60's. And believe me, there was plenty going on then to march and whine about. Yet we had strict attendance and behavior rules in school. And there were consequences if you violated them. 

We couldn't just leave anytime we felt like it. If the school ever got wind of the students walking out, we would have been greeted by male teachers at every exit. Who would have immediately turned us around, marched us right back into class. This total lack of discipline shows what's wrong in schools in this country...... And it isn't guns.

graywolf

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 01:02:53 PM »
Look no farther than the Superintendents and the School Boards.  They are the ones that have the juice to allow students to take part in these activities.  No Principal could allow them to leave. One doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to recognize the liberalization of our educational system.  The Supers were educated  by left leaning professors and instructors that are pushing the progressive agenda.  Yeah, we are all spending all that money to have our kids indoctrinated on our nickel.  Best course of action is to get involved in what's going on at your schools.  Check out the people running for the school board.  They hire the Supers who in turn make staffing recommendations for the principals.   Don't get me wrong, there is a security problem and we need to protect our precious children. But we have to stop being PC and start to admit that mental illness exists and that schools and law enforcement need to recognize it.  And for God's sake Kids, if you suspect or know something, say so.
Hannibal ad portas  Hannibal is at the gates

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 06:07:27 AM »
Here is another thing that makes me wonder about all of this. Who is allowing these kids to just get up and walk out of classes, to attend these "marches" anytime they please? Is discipline really that lax in these schools? I grew up in the 60's. And believe me, there was plenty going on then to march and whine about. Yet we had strict attendance and behavior rules in school. And there were consequences if you violated them. 

We couldn't just leave anytime we felt like it. If the school ever got wind of the students walking out, we would have been greeted by male teachers at every exit. Who would have immediately turned us around, marched us right back into class. This total lack of discipline shows what's wrong in schools in this country...... And it isn't guns.

I was going to cut your quote down to a single question, but I can't:

Last Monday, as I drove home from work, I listened to a report on the news.  A young man had organized a march for life, calling for a look at abortion and to protest this free and easy form of birth control.  He went through all of the proper channels, and even beyond the requirements, of letting the school officials know and understand his plans.  He request was denied, and he was threatened with discipline if he moved forward.  He has filed a law suit against the school district for discrimination, and there was a hint that the suit will address the First Amendment and free speech, since it is a public school.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk