Author Topic: Pressure Washing Concrete ??  (Read 13998 times)

Timothy

Pressure Washing Concrete ??
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2018, 01:47:09 PM »
Something to remember is that these small engines put out a crapload times the CO of a automobile engine.  Don’t run them close to the house!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Pressure Washing Concrete ??
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2018, 02:50:09 PM »
I read somewhere that a chainsaw running an 8 ounce fuel tank full of 32:1 mix, puts out more hydrocarbons than a new, modern 4-cylinder car does traveling coast to coast.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2018, 06:56:08 AM »
Bill, have you pulled that pressure washer out after the initial job was finished?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2018, 07:14:51 AM »
Bill, have you pulled that pressure washer out after the initial job was finished?

Not yet. Before I shut it down I added quite a bit of Sta-Bil Storage to it and ran it through the fuel system. But even with that, I don't want to let it sit too long. I'm thinking in the not too distant future to pull it out and run the fuel left in the tank out, and replace it with fresh gas treated with Sta-Bil. It bothers me to let it sit. I don't want any problems.

When I lived in Illinois my motorcycles would sit all Winter without issues. But they also got a healthy dose of Sta-Bil in the fuel before I stored them. They usually sat from mid October to early or mid May.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2018, 08:12:11 AM »

Well now that I have 2 good running gas engines, (new pressure washer and older generator), I ditched that crappy gas can I bought for a, "No Spill Gas Can", like this one. It's MUCH better! The only other one that comes close is the, "Sure Can".

https://www.surecanusa.com/

But the thing I didn't care for with it, was the bottom pour spout that is dependent on just 2, O-Rings at all times not to leak.

That scared me because I have a gas hot water heater in my garage. If you have that thing filled, and you don't notice it leaking on the floor or shelf, your going to end up with gas and gas fumes everywhere. That's asking for a major fire. Or worse, explosion. The "No Spill" features a solid tank. The On/Off valve, along with the venting is incorporated into the screw on cap. Which is replaceable if anything should go bad.

It also has an O-Ring on the cap. But it is only required to seal when you are pouring. Not when the can is just sitting. The "No Spill" is a much safer design, that works just as good, if not better. I wish I would have researched this better before I wasted my money on the POS I bought at Wal-Mart. Live and learn. Gas cans have really changed...... And not for the better I might add. But if you have to have one, this is the one to get. Don't waste your time and money fighting with, or trying to modify the other garbage that's out there. 

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 03:25:24 AM »

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2018, 08:24:34 AM »
don't remember if I've posted this before, but while on the topic of fuel cans.... my 3500 Honda generator had a bad fuel tank when I got it, so fuel supply was converted to a squeeze bulb siphon system... hose barb to reduce the feed line to 1/4" for the carburetor inlet... I supplied intermittent 2hr on - 4hr off power to keep the refrigerators chilled up on 3 houses... using the siphon system, they were able to supply fuel for their own use....I made a vented, cap to fit the common 5gal cans.... and if you get much larger than 5 gal, make sure you significant other or kids can handle the can safely

Timothy

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2018, 01:21:42 PM »
The “no spill” cap can can be a pain in the winter to depress the locking teeth but I’m guessing that ain’t a problem in Arizona!

LOL

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1087
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2018, 04:07:24 PM »
This guy using the same kind of gas can that I have has the same problem I do. I swear too but not that much. A SureCan may be in my future, but it seems like holding it up over my ATV gas tank would be a pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrOIxaxyJ7Q

P.S. A VP Racing Motorsport can still works like gas cans did in the good old days, but are only supposed to be used for racing fuel, at races.

https://vpracingfuels.com/product-category/specialty-products/containers/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2022, 07:27:44 AM »
I've never seen one of those Sure Cans.  Though they look handy for some things they are probably a lot more expensive than funnels.

So the EPA has mandated all of this crap to reduce emissions.  I say their meddling has increased emissions at least 2-3 times what they were when filling up a gasoline powered device. 

Some dweeb ass drone came up with these good ideas and got a GS-13 or better level job with the government (and their boss got a boost too most likely).  I don't know anyone, anywhere who doesn't spill the crap out of gas with these wonderful mandated filler devices that we have to spend money on while spending even more money on spilled gasoline as a result of the mandate.  However, the true mission was surely accomplished.  Someone(s) got a big raise out of this I"m sure....so what about we government subject idiot types we don't count we are the unwashed masses.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Ortantyun

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2022, 12:22:36 PM »
Last year I also planned to clean the concrete pavement in front of the house. Friends advised me to use a pressure washer. After the first use, I was disappointed with this method.  My yard was like a swamp, and the concrete remained in terrible spots. I sought advice from almightyconstructionnw.com, the company that built this concrete pavement. They advised me to use special chemicals that are designed to clean concrete.  It turned out that chemicals are much more effective than pressure washing. I advise you to buy it too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk