Author Topic: first stages of dimentia  (Read 1798 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
first stages of dimentia
« on: April 22, 2018, 08:41:22 AM »
other than my first pistol, a Security Six, and a 4" Colt .22 Diamondback, my firearm purchases have been overwhelmingly competition or carry oriented... nothing just for the hell of it....well, I got a tax refund check for a little over $400 a couple of months ago, and while looking at the specials on Palmetto State Armory's site, noticed one of the 12ga Mossberg 14" "firearms".... so what the hell

it is a handful.... if you really plan on using one of these beasts for home defense, consider a gym membership or a 20 gauge... it is surprisingly intuitive shooting from the hip, but I have a tendency to shoot a little high past about 15yd...raised to eye level with left arm extended the recoil will cause you to unlock the bolt after thing goes off...

this is what happens when you enter your "golden years".... I just might opt for a SiG P210... regards

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1088
Re: first stages of dimentia
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 02:57:01 PM »
If I had one of those firearms I'd be using reduced recoil buckshot. Nighthawk Custom's Tomahawk looks really nice but I don't have an extra $1,395 burning a hole in my pocket. I'm using my $13 state refund to pay my city taxes. I'm not sure what I'll do with the $2 I have left, but I'll think of something. https://www.nighthawkcustom.com/tomahawk?refer=hd
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 08:14:48 AM »
Jumbo... I went with the Mossberg as I already had a 21" 870 in the safe, and it holds 5 in the tube without an extension..... I did add a +4 side saddle, and used a lighter to smooth out the sharp edges left by the hot knife that cut the nylon hand strap..... my skeet range has been closed down, so will shoot up some skeet loads a little at a time .. regards

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1088
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 07:00:00 PM »
I would probably choose the Shockwave over the Model 870 Tac-14 too. Having 6 rounds loaded instead of 5 is a 20% increase. Add the OPSol Mini-Clip and the Shockwave will hold 10 rounds of Aguila Minishells, doubling the capacity of the Remington with standard ammo. I think that's the best way to go if you want to use it for anything other than a range toy.

http://www.opsolmini-clip.com/

P.S. I might want to use that combination for a couple of hundred rounds before I bet my life on it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 08:22:29 AM »
to add to the insanity, I've been watching some Youtube clips, and noticed one for attaching a recoil strap to help keep the little devil in your hand... your hand slips through it, and is adjusted to hold resistance when in the shooting grip position... I made a prototype using some 550 cord similar to the commercial one, then just decided to use the existing sling stud, as the force would not really try to pull it out of the stock... made a 1" nylon adjustable strap and originally ran a split key ring through the sling stud, but what the heck, a detachable swivel was laying around and was used for the final install... feels really secure in my hand... just passing on a tip, and will shoot it tomorrow... the utility of this thing is growing on me... regards Les

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:00:37 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk