Author Topic: New Education Plan in Fl.  (Read 1252 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
New Education Plan in Fl.
« on: January 28, 2020, 01:53:37 PM »
I just read in the 1/27 issue of The Epoch Times that Florida is about to reveal a replacement for the failed Common Core educational system.

Two highlights I found promising were:

1: ?They not only incorporate civics throughout every grade, a first of their kind in the nation, ensuring that our students are well versed in the United States Constitution and the responsibilities of citizenship, they also provide educators with clear and concise standards,? he said in the release."

2: "American history and civics will be interspersed into all grade levels, rather than having civics typically in 7th grade, American history in 11th grade, and U.S. government in 12th. Rhetorics class will be moved from 9th to 6th grade and all high school students will also receive financial literacy lessons."

Note the Financial Literacy Lessons for all HS students. 

Report says it will have to be approved by the legislature.  We can hope.

Not sure if this link to the article will work...It didn't. 
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: New Education Plan in Fl.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 08:54:37 AM »
Wait for it...

I give it a day before the left cones unglued saying they are not going to have enough time to teach that and everythibg else.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 09:02:41 AM »
I had a civics or history class every year from 68 to 75!

There was more than enough time for everything else!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 09:31:58 AM »
I had a civics or history class every year from 68 to 75!

There was more than enough time for everything else!
yes there, even more so if we cut out the crap like teaching people about using the right pronouns.  The left wants to brain wash kids into thinking like them.  I got my degree in 2003, back then it was a leftist  echo chamber.  Its 10x worse now. 

Honestly, education is one of the worst when it comes too corruption.  Why do we have all these useless college degrees?  Its simple, more teachers.  More teacher, more money, more money, more power. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk