Author Topic: I so hate re agents...  (Read 10731 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
I so hate re agents...
« on: July 31, 2019, 11:01:04 PM »
I am trying too put in a offer on a house in Utah.  I told the sellers agent, it's a cash transaction and we could close in as little as 5 business days, my re lawyer  will be handling the paper work.( long story short always cheaper then paying comission and they are liable for 100% of the transaction unlike re agents that eat thier commission.)  So my lawyer calls the lady up and says he just needs her address so he can over night her the contract.  She flat out refused to give it too him saying " we have to use the standard  paper work and she could be my agent on the deal.."   he then reminds her of her legal responsibilities as the sellers agent and asks for her address again.  She proceeds  to hang up on him.   Looks like I will be adding another lisecnese  to my wall of shame.  Aka the licenses  I have had revoked over the years.  It will join the 4 lawyers, 9 re agents and 7 contractors.  I don't get it.  I am like the easiest transaction ever.  You litterely have to do nothing, but show it too your clients and have them sign.   You have to do zero paper work out side of your internal stuff.  The offer was for 5k then asking.     
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Re: I so hate re agents...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 05:12:26 AM »
People believe they are entitled.  Real Estate agents have been really successful in passing laws that provide themselves the welfare many desire....easy money.  And people get trapped in believing their subculture rules the world...a psychologically recognized observation. 

People pride themselves as being experts far more than they actually are.  So when you question them about something in their sphere of influence or their "little world" they take personal affront not realizing their world, i.e. real estate, is a smaller part of a bigger world.  That's their subculture which is part of a bigger picture being improperly over extended as controlling the larger culture.  So, if someone is good at or believes they are good at what they do and the "outsider" doesn't recognize they are "right" then they take authority to show you they are right and you are wrong.  Which doesn't work out when there is something bigger they are a part of that actually controls their sphere of influence. 

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 10:30:34 AM »
I agree with Rastus - the re people have seriously gamed the house-buying/selling business, much like the legal profession.

That said, our agent here when we bought was a dear, put in yeoman duty and really helped us in many ways.

OTOH, our selling agent in KY (my wife's sister) was damn near worthless - she actually did all of the work over the phone as she had moved to NY state (why????) - and actually stuck us with a lesser deal. She had us sign a contingent offer that did not allow us to consider higher offers, which we did receive. So basically we were out the $4-5000 that the higher offers would have brought in, and of course being family we can't (i.e., I'm not allowed to) do anything about her incompetence.

RE agents are right up there with used car salesmen IMHO.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 12:33:19 PM »

RE agents are right up there with used car salesmen IMHO.

Fixed it for you.....times have changed.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 07:09:40 PM »
Fixed it for you.....times have changed.
  yet another group of people I do not deal with.   2 years ago I bought 17 f250s.   Bypassed the guy at the door and said I want too talk to the fleet sales .manger.   I told him what I wanted,    this is how much I am willing  to pay.  You have 10 mins for a yes or no.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:48:11 AM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 07:10:56 AM »
Yeah, the sales guys hate that....good on you.  I bought an F150 last year.  I printed out the equipment list to order what I wanted (that blew there mind, that I would want something they did not have on the lot)  and told each of the 3 Ford dealers in town whoever was low bid on Thursday got the business on Friday. 

I got a really good deal.  One of them could not believe it...called me a week later to ask if I was still interested.  Another kept calling like I wasn't serious before.  The third one knew me from past dealings and got it right the first time.

The power of the bid.  It's real once they know you are serious and won't backtrack.   Make sure to put maximums in the bid...which you can simply by scrawling it on the bottom of the page with initials.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 07:42:50 PM »
Sounds about right.  I went to 3 separate  dealers, with exactly what I wanted.  The last one( which ended up being the closest and the smallest) not only said we can do that, we can have them here in 9 days.  Funny thing, that dealer sold another 45 in the next month all from me telling subs/ fellow contractors  about my exp.   The whole 600k transaction  took about 35 mins.  I was there 15 mins, went back too work for a couple hours and the fleet guy drove too my office I signed the paper work and all was well.  I go thru him for service as well.  I cut out all the bs  and go right thru him.  I know him being on the ball made that dealer ship 100k in 30 days.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 02:41:08 AM »
Tab, how's the whole selling the biz thing going?

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 12:06:10 PM »
Done deal, officially  changes hands on 9/1. I still have to finish the year working, and another 2 as a per hour consultant.   Lots of flights in Sunday night, flying home Friday evening.   We have contracts deep in to next year.  They did not buy the business per say, they bought the assets.  Businesses are only worth 1-2 years profit  + assets.

For the ammount of sales, the profit was actually low, a little more then 4%   it was the assets that have drasticly increased in value. 

It's going to be hard to get in to an employee mind set. 

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 12:55:52 PM »
I went from quasi management to a grunt on purpose.  I never really had too many problems with those I worked WITH!  It was the idiots I worked FOR that I had some issues.  Now, I can pump gas twenty hours a week and get by on my retirement.  I'm done...if I had to work another project for General Electric, I'd shoot myself!  LOL

Do what's right, regardless of who's looking or who's in charge!  You'll do fine...

When I was a manager in the IT dept of a school district I received a "demerit" on my review because I was getting the job done exceptionally well with staff numbers below what was reported as normal staffing.  It said my getting so much from my staff was bad because if I left they would be required to increase staff to get the job done....
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk