Author Topic: Relief From Coronavirus Cabin Fever  (Read 2364 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
Relief From Coronavirus Cabin Fever
« on: April 03, 2020, 03:32:46 PM »
Is coronavirus shelter-in-place giving you lockdown cabin fever? Relief is in sight. Literally. On Target Magazine has FREE digital editions of all 6 2018 issues, all 6 2019 issues, and Jan/Feb 2020. I'm still waiting for March/April, but If I get bored or lose my internet connection I'll download them to a flash drive and transfer them to my laptop to read.

https://ontargetmagazine.com/category/digital-edition/

There are also some discounts for parts and accessories, and the usual gun giveaways. If you know of any other freebies to cope with the COVID-19 situation, you can share them here.

Another one is, if you have Xfinity you can see a lot of movies and premium shows without paying for premium channels. You can also watch some movies at home that are playing in theaters (in areas that theaters are still open), but I don't know how much they cost. Probably no more than a ticket at a movie theater.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Relief From Coronavirus Cabin Fever
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 07:54:47 PM »
You can always watch live TV, and Movies and TV shows on demand, free at Pluto TV. Even if you're like me and don't have a smart TV you can watch on your computer or phone.

https://pluto.tv/live-tv/channel-lineup

I got a few pages to color from upcoming movies from Cinemark. I had to downsize all of them but even at 1 single pixel it said Peter Rabbit 2 was way too big to upload here. ??? If you have kids you can print the pages and keep them busy for awhile. Or print them for yourself. Coloring books are a great way to relieve stress and fun to do with kids.

Since I had room for them, I also included copies of John M. Browning's Valentine's Day gift to us. Patented on February 14th, 1911.  I like the rounded butt and the rounded slide that won't bite you. If you want to color them, go for it, but that isn't why I'm posting them. In junior high school drafting class I was thinking outside the box. I asked the teacher if I could shade the background instead of the object I drew. He let me and it turned out so good everyone started copying me.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 09:37:19 PM »
If you have amazon prime there are a bunch of older movies and westerns for free on there.  Been cuddling with the misses and watching old movies most of the day.  She has been complaining its cold... its currently 64 out side.

Also been watching  alot of old army films.   Pierscopefilm on you tube has alot of them.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 01:47:53 PM »
There are a good many free apps with movies and old TV shows. I use them on the smart TV we got back at Christmas and loaded a couple on my phone as well.
You don't even have to create an account, just load and watch. The three I use most are PlutoTv, Tubi, and Crackle. They stream live movies, for example Pluto has a 24 hour channel dedicated to James Bond movies as well as other dedicated genres and they have many shows archived. Pluto and Tubi does have 30 second commercials every twenty minutes or so but you can watch movies on Crackle commercial-free.

Definitely not Netflix or Amazon, but for free, they do OK.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 10:11:04 PM »
I can't get Crackle on my computer, just Pluto TV and Tubi for free. So far I've only watched 2 songs of a Yes concert on Pluto TV last month while I was eating lunch. Plus there must be hundreds of shadier places to watch TV shows and movies.

And I completely forgot about Internet Archive. I've seen Wayback Machine pages several times but only recently found out that's just a part of Internet Archive. They have a digital library of video, audio, images, software, and books, from many sources, including the Library of Congress. Besides old TV shows they have old commercials if you want to see them, and educational/propaganda films you may have seen as a schoolkid.

https://archive.org/

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:01:13 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 03:20:44 AM »
With Hoopla digital media service you can instantly borrow digital movies, music, eBooks and more, 24/7, with your library card, if your local public library offers the service. I first heard of it 5 months ago and found out the Flint Public Library doesn't have a subscription to Hoopla, but the Genesee District Library does. They don't both need it, because all residents of the city and county can have library cards to both, but the two library cards aren't interchangeable in the other library's system. I went to the main branch of the city library 99.9% of the time for physical media, usually to look at reference books I couldn't check out. I didn't know there were county libraries too, and one of them is only 1.4 miles away.

Your city and/or county library may have a Hoopla subscription too, and once you sign into that, you can get into a big network of libraries to watch movies and TV shows, listen to music and rent eBooks, etc. for free. I checked out an eBook from the city and had to return it after 2 weeks. I don't remember what web reader I was using on my computer but it reminded to return the eBook before it was overdue. I guess you have to pay a fine on them like real books if you keep them too long. I don't know. I haven't signed up for a card at the county library yet but I have my application filled out. I saw that they had videos somewhere I wanted to watch and couldn't because I needed Hoopla to do it.

https://www.hoopladigital.com/

I'm looking at a listing for an Audiobook of Welcome to the Monkey House by Kurt Vonnegut, read by David Strathairn at the city library. I've seen him in a few movies and TV shows and don't think I'd mind listening to him for awhile. I checked it out and will listen to it with OverDrive.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 10:19:56 PM »
There are lots of places to get free music while you're stuck at home, work, anywhere.

My PC came with the free version of Spotify. COVID-19 Music Relief. https://www.spotify.com/us/

Dash Radio. Lve DJs in the studio 24/7, with zero commercials. https://dashradio.com/

TuneIn. 100,000 radio stations. Live sports, news, podcasts, etc. https://tunein.com/radio/home/

Internet Radio. Music from 26,715 radio stations. So many categories. https://www.internet-radio.com/

iHeartRadio. All your favorite music, radio and podcasts, all free. https://www.iheart.com/

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 11:28:01 PM »
Kellogg?s Family Rewards has a bunch of free stuff if you're a member, which is also totally free. They have adult coloring pages, lots of kids coloring pages, Highlights Hidden Pictures, a Highlights Puzzlemania maze puzzle, Mini Mission Booklets for kids, Quick and Easy Recipes, and Rice Krispies Activities and Memory Game. It's mostly kids stuff but a lot of you have kids, grand-kids, nieces, nephews, or neighbors who might like some of these things. There are 15 items altogether that you can get with zero points, and most of them are multiple pages. Here are the 2 adult coloring pages, and a kid's Easter coloring page you can't get online.

https://www.kelloggsfamilyrewards.com/en_US/rewards.html#/browse/-1

P.S. The adult coloring pages are 1/2 size or less so I could post them here. If you get them from KFR you can print them whatever size you want.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 08:37:24 AM »
When my M-I-L went into assisted living my wife started giving adult coloring books to her.  It was a good experience, and when my wife's issues progressed to limit her abilities, she got them for herself.  Great activity to fill the hours, and keep the mind active.  Cheaper than reloading 10,000 12ga trap rounds a week.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 08:46:13 PM »
I re-arranged my sleep/wake cycle, and have begun the 18hour fasting regimen to try for some weight loss... am getting up later (around 0900) eating a takeout breakfast at around 1130,... reading in the side yard for most of the day, evening meal at around 1730....nothing for the rest of the day...going to bed at 0030 or so... I feel better and have lost a couple of pounds... weather has been beautiful down here...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk