Author Topic: Preparing to move the forum to MichaelBane.tv  (Read 18229 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Preparing to move the forum to MichaelBane.tv
« on: April 14, 2020, 02:15:53 PM »
Folks!

Since downrange.tv is no longer updated and all of Michael's new "shenanigans" are available on his new website, we are in the process of moving the forum from DRTV to michaelbane.tv.

This is a rather complicated process which will take a couple of weeks.

First step is to upgrade the forum on this domain before copying it all over. This forum will remain open until we do the final transition. During the final transition, the forum will be closed for new posts or replies.

Login should be the same, but you might experience to be logged out after the forum has been moved. We will assist with any login problems.

MH

UPDATE!

We have finished moving the forum.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Preparing to move the forum to MichaelBane.tv
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 02:25:15 PM »
Sounds like a good plan, Marshal.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 02:39:20 PM »
Good deal. Best of luck for a smooth transition.

As 'the book of face' gets increasingly anti-everything most of "us" stand for, I'd really like to see the forum build back up. Maybe a changeover like this along with some strategic advertisement, it could happen.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 08:18:56 PM »
I think that is a great move!!!   

This forum would really be kicked up a notch if you and MB would drop by every month or so....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 08:19:08 PM »

This forum would really be kicked up a notch if you and MB would drop by every month or so....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:07:45 AM »

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 08:55:59 AM »
I see the really important question has not been asked:  will we retain our "Ranger" status? 

I mean, I've got it on my stationery, on my business cards, and tattooed on Bunny's behind.  This could be an expensive move for me.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 09:12:59 AM »
I see the really important question has not been asked:  will we retain our "Ranger" status? 

I mean, I've got it on my stationery, on my business cards, and tattooed on Bunny's behind.  This could be an expensive move for me.

Crusader Rabbit

How did you ever get the status?

Was it nepotism, because of relationship to the Cat?  If so, you lose!

Was it because Bunny looks hot with it tattooed on her behind?  Then you retain it.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 09:16:53 AM »
I'm all in!

I can't wait!

I love change!  Bring on change!  Change is fun!

Actually, where I find everyone doesn't matter to me.  I hope this brings life to the forum.  Not that it isn't fun now, but we have become a pretty small group*.

*I blame Hazcat.  I think it is his fault.  If he hadn't left, we'd still be sitting around the pool, and 10,000 of us, dringing Hazaritas an failin in d pol.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2020, 01:26:30 PM »

Crusader Rabbit

LOL

A change in "status" is not considered.... as of now....  ;D

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 01:34:06 PM »

As Trump says on occasion: We'll see what happens....

The challenge with Internet presence compared to years ago is how to be "visible all over the place".

Social Media has changed the way we consume and communicate and it is scattered all over the place. While I personally have a love and hate relationship with Social Media, I can't ignore it. We are forced to be where people are. On the other hand and this is one of the reason we are moving the forum..... In our daily routine keep track of it all, merging "checkpoints" will make it easier for us to "drop by".

The most important reason is that we consider the DRTV Forum members our "initial family" and we have been ignoring it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk