Author Topic: Weaver Qwik Point  (Read 94 times)

tombogan03884

• USMC NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 571
Weaver Qwik Point
« on: May 27, 2020, 02:45:57 pm »
What ever became of those ?
I'd rather have a battery free sight any day.
If the put the inner red wire in a fiber optic green tube  you could use a shorter length piece .
Just like with an aperture, your eye will center the red dot in the green ring.
With 3D printing they should be even less expensive to make.
I'm the NRA, and I ain't giving up squat.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Weaver Qwik Point
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 10:19:59 am »
Tom... I understand they used the Qwik Point on the Son Tay raid...  a friend had one on a Rem 1100 for shooting skeet, that was the only one I ever saw in person...they were a good introduction to the utility of a fiber optic sight, but way too bulky at the time, but led the way, especially when the light emitting diode technology became available.... I fooled with a borrowed Armson Occluded Eye Gunsight for a couple of months, but at the time I was early in the 3 gun game back in the mid 80s, and had a mini 14... I read a lot of Jeff Cooper at the time, and I got a forward mount (on the gas block) from Ranch Products and mounted a 2 1/2x extended eye relief pistol scope....when I got my first AR, Colt had a deal for a 3x scope and I've been shooting optics since... currently a Trijicon TA31F... mini reflex dots on the 9mm PCC

I think the better answer today is an illuminated prism scope, with the reticle etched on the prism, so you still have a sight even if the batteries fail...I want to see the Bushnell Lil P, mini prism in person

tombogan03884

• USMC NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 571
Re: Weaver Qwik Point
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 07:12:18 pm »
I agree about the etched reticle, but I don't see any need for batteries, or moving parts .
Also, considering all the other crap they hang off guns nowadays bulk is not a valid complaint ( as a blanket statement, individuals differ)
I think that with todays manufacturing one could be made 2 or 3 inches long, smaller than the one the Marines use.
I'm the NRA, and I ain't giving up squat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk