Author Topic: Weaver Qwik Point  (Read 1001 times)

tombogan03884

Weaver Qwik Point
« on: May 27, 2020, 02:45:57 PM »
What ever became of those ?
I'd rather have a battery free sight any day.
If the put the inner red wire in a fiber optic green tube  you could use a shorter length piece .
Just like with an aperture, your eye will center the red dot in the green ring.
With 3D printing they should be even less expensive to make.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Weaver Qwik Point
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 10:19:59 AM »
Tom... I understand they used the Qwik Point on the Son Tay raid...  a friend had one on a Rem 1100 for shooting skeet, that was the only one I ever saw in person...they were a good introduction to the utility of a fiber optic sight, but way too bulky at the time, but led the way, especially when the light emitting diode technology became available.... I fooled with a borrowed Armson Occluded Eye Gunsight for a couple of months, but at the time I was early in the 3 gun game back in the mid 80s, and had a mini 14... I read a lot of Jeff Cooper at the time, and I got a forward mount (on the gas block) from Ranch Products and mounted a 2 1/2x extended eye relief pistol scope....when I got my first AR, Colt had a deal for a 3x scope and I've been shooting optics since... currently a Trijicon TA31F... mini reflex dots on the 9mm PCC

I think the better answer today is an illuminated prism scope, with the reticle etched on the prism, so you still have a sight even if the batteries fail...I want to see the Bushnell Lil P, mini prism in person

tombogan03884

Re: Weaver Qwik Point
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 07:12:18 PM »
I agree about the etched reticle, but I don't see any need for batteries, or moving parts .
Also, considering all the other crap they hang off guns nowadays bulk is not a valid complaint ( as a blanket statement, individuals differ)
I think that with todays manufacturing one could be made 2 or 3 inches long, smaller than the one the Marines use.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk