Author Topic: American made.  (Read 9630 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: American made.
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2020, 03:54:14 PM »
So a lady i sent a preproduction model did some instagram and facebook live stuff with it yesterday.   I had about 200 emails this morning asking where and when i can get them.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2020, 05:01:48 PM »
TAB is the only guy I know who can turn a can of beans into a natural gas contract  ;D
Good for you.
Did you do anything different that's patentable ?
I can't get Rollin White out of my mind .    ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2020, 07:59:51 PM »
TAB is the only guy I know who can turn a can of beans into a natural gas contract  ;D
Good for you.
Did you do anything different that's patentable ?
I can't get Rollin White out of my mind .    ;D
  yes, but its not enforceable.    All i did was change the style of control vavle on thr intake to suck more from the skimmer.   The other one use a bypass sleave. Just twist to control the flow.   I went with a tapped hole in the skimmer and a ss cap head screw.  With a ss allen key.  So you dont have to get your hands wet.   I am sure as soon as it bits china, they will be made as soon as they do thier next production run.  Its a stupidly simple part, there is no reason for it to cost what it does.   I doubt i will make a 2nd batch, but we will see.   I could sell off the desgin with cam and cad stuff to a vender so they could be exclusive, but  i doubt some one will pony up 10k for it.  It will just go down as one of those projects i wanted, so i made lots more of them.   Lots of emails asking about it so far, up to around 600 now.   Only have 506 units.

Oh and trust me, beans give me plenty on natrual gas.

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2020, 09:15:14 AM »
.   I could sell off the desgin with cam and cad stuff to a vender so they could be exclusive, but  i doubt some one will pony up 10k for it.  It will just go down as one of those projects i wanted, so i made lots more of them.   Lots of emails asking about it so far, up to around 600 now.   Only have 506 units.

Oh and trust me, beans give me plenty on natrual gas.

So what ?
Put it out there any way, (The product, not the gas   ;D  )
At worst you don't sell the design, otherwise, every one can use an extra 10 K.
Not that I think you should start that low.   ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2020, 10:42:42 AM »
  China is already pumping them out.  Not only  is production cheap, but thier market for this type of product is bigger than north america and europe combined.  This really was one of those things i looked at and went "wtf" why is this so much?  This was never about the money, it was about me getting pissed off that a company was charging 7-10x thier cost for a chinese  made product.   I totally get then need to make money deal, i also understand mark ups, but thats extreme.   I litterely  found us producers of everything in less than a week.  I know exactly what it cost to start production, in the usa.  It had to be way less in china.    Even at my buy for 1 sell for 2 model. I would earn about 75% more than my start up and production costs.   

Funny thing, i spent more on lawyers than i did on thr cad/cam/gcode

;D

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:56:36 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2020, 11:58:34 AM »
Fresh caught Norwegian haddock filets.
Come in boxes covered with Chinese writing where they were sent for packing.   :-\

Caught, cleaned, packaged, and frozen (or frozen and packaged) on a Chinese factory ship in Norwegian waters. 

That finished product may have never seen China!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2020, 12:55:23 PM »
Yes, I didn't think of factory ships.
But it's still damned annoying.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2020, 02:26:30 PM »
Just like all the Green treaties and accords, we bind ourselves, we pledge billions to support it, we pay billions when we do something outside the lines, and we allow others, like China, India, Taiwan, etc., do as they please.  We even pay these other nations to make the so called green technology for us.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2020, 09:31:23 AM »
As of this morning,  they are sold out with a shiping date in August.   I made sure every one knew about the delay.  They are bent, machined, welded and polished.   Just waiting on the plastic bits and the box.

My company name  is RIP inc.   
Retirement
Is
Pointless
 ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2020, 03:26:21 PM »
 Your kind can never do better than not being employed .
You're never out of work.
On the other hand you have good reason to get out of bed every morning.
They say "purpose" increases life span.   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk