Author Topic: American made.  (Read 9629 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: American made.
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2021, 02:55:15 PM »
But on the other side a lifetime sentence doesn't seem that bad!!!!  ;^)
you have a funny way of pronouncing  the word marriage

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2021, 02:57:05 PM »

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Timothy

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2021, 03:01:15 PM »
  you don't by chance have a ridged 300 laying around doo you?   I am looking for a used one so I can run 1" black iron in my shop for air lines

No, I used the one in the shop.

New they are about $4k

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2021, 03:21:54 PM »
No, I used the one in the shop.

New they are about $4k
thats why I want a used one

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2021, 10:00:17 PM »
I bought a little 2" water pump from Harbor Freight to pump down a couple of leaking ponds.  About 55% of the cost for one also made in China from Lowes or Home Depot. 

If the ones at Lowes or Home Depot were made in America I would have bought them.   Heck, if they had been double cost I may have bought one. 

So instead of getting hard screwed (Chinese made plus HIGH PRICES) by Lowes or Home Depot I opted for Harbor Freight. 

It works as advertised. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #65 on: Today at 04:33:58 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2021, 01:40:11 AM »
I bought a little 2" water pump from Harbor Freight to pump down a couple of leaking ponds.  About 55% of the cost for one also made in China from Lowes or Home Depot. 

If the ones at Lowes or Home Depot were made in America I would have bought them.   Heck, if they had been double cost I may have bought one. 

So instead of getting hard screwed (Chinese made plus HIGH PRICES) by Lowes or Home Depot I opted for Harbor Freight. 

It works as advertised.

This is the thing a lot of people overlook. Many people jump on anything from Harbor Freight, because most everything they sell is made in China. But the fact of the matter is so is most any comparative tool you buy from Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, or True Value. Harbor Freight has simply never hidden the fact.

Someone mentioned Craftsman, and that's an excellent example. The guarantee on their hand tools is no better than Harbor Freight. And they are made in China as well. They just cost more, and are living on a reputation that has long since departed for parts unknown.

Harbor Freight's quality has increased substantially on many of their products over the last few years. While many "American" companies have allowed their quality to slip badly..... Craftsman being one of them. But their prices still remain high. Most everything I have purchased from Harbor Freight tool wise, will for sure and for certain outlast me. And that's all I really care about. 

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2021, 01:09:40 PM »

You know what they say. Marriage is a lot like drinking and driving. Sooner or later there's going to be a hell of a wreck.

tombogan03884

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2021, 02:47:33 PM »
This is the thing a lot of people overlook. Many people jump on anything from Harbor Freight, because most everything they sell is made in China. But the fact of the matter is so is most any comparative tool you buy from Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, or True Value. Harbor Freight has simply never hidden the fact.

Someone mentioned Craftsman, and that's an excellent example. The guarantee on their hand tools is no better than Harbor Freight. And they are made in China as well. They just cost more, and are living on a reputation that has long since departed for parts unknown.

Harbor Freight's quality has increased substantially on many of their products over the last few years. While many "American" companies have allowed their quality to slip badly..... Craftsman being one of them. But their prices still remain high. Most everything I have purchased from Harbor Freight tool wise, will for sure and for certain outlast me. And that's all I really care about.

It's that way with EVERYTHING.
Remember where all our medical shit came from ?
It made ALL the propaganda outlets about a year ago.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2021, 03:21:20 PM »
It's that way with EVERYTHING.
Remember where all our medical shit came from ?
It made ALL the propaganda outlets about a year ago.

Brand New Ventilators Tossed Into Landfills!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPw19AGleDI

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2021, 05:24:14 PM »
even stuff made in the USA, I have seen distinct  differences  between  stuff made for the box stores  and those made form traditional  vendors.   I am sure the chinesium  is the same.

It didn't use to be that way, but the last 10 years or so I have seen a draatic differences in quality of the same item in the box stores.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk