Author Topic: Obscure Gun Stuff  (Read 4119 times)

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1423
Re: Obscure Gun Stuff
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2020, 07:34:05 AM »

Anyone remember Bubble Memory which was suppose to solve all the problems of DRAM?

Yes, I do. I had to replace a many of them "back in the day".
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2020, 07:59:36 AM »
Big Frank, The FAL was designed originally in 8 Kurz.
Only the Camp Perry Peckerheads demanded a overpowered POS like .308.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 12:26:20 PM »
Big Frank, The FAL was designed originally in 8 Kurz.
Only the Camp Perry Peckerheads demanded a overpowered POS like .308.

No kidding? I never knew that.

Here's something obscure, the Frommer Model 1910, predecessor to the Frommer Stop pistol. I downloaded the parts picture about 2 weeks ago and just found manuals for it at Forgotten Weapons. There are other sites with more pics and videos too.

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/frommer-1910-pistol/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpHuIiu9VjM&feature=emb_logo
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 02:38:11 PM »
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2021, 08:44:51 AM »

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:42:33 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 04:27:54 AM »
I had a hard time locating one of the pics on my computer because it had the word "the" in front of it. ::) These are small versions of posters on Forgotten Weapons' merchandise site. I completely forgot where Elbonia was but the name sounded very familiar. The 4 books I bought and read cover to cover weren't enough to remind me.

The Pedersen device turned a bolt-action M1903 Springfield rifle with a port milled into the right side of the receiver into a semi-auto. It was fed from a 40-round box magazine and the small .30 caliber cartridge had about the same muzzle energy as a .380 ACP pistol.

Tom, I expect you'll be among the handful who knows why the Puckle gun fired both round and square bullets.

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 08:41:24 AM »
Don't know if you've seen this one,
I suspect you have.   ;D
The mount is as interesting as the gun.
And I agree with Othias.
The Pederson probably would have been a fiasco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPC7KiYDshw

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 01:03:36 PM »
And then John Moses said," There can be only one..."     ;D

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2021, 01:24:01 PM »
And then John Moses said," There can be only one..."     ;D

And the Lord has spoken. I wish we had a JMB around today!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk