Author Topic: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?  (Read 26307 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2021, 09:59:27 PM »
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Knew you couldn't resist. 
No more than a beaver can resist building a dam.   ;D

Well I see a need and I fill it
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1421
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2021, 08:18:31 AM »
I don't know if it is within your plans but you also might look at elevators. We have one in our 2 story and I love it. It did ad about 15K to the building but, for us, well worth it.

We have a 1 story with a fully finished basement with a walkout.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2021, 08:46:17 AM »
Well I see a need and I fill it

BS.
You just like building stuff.   ;D
It's how I wound up with a 3D printer .   ;D

It does show that needs can be filled with out "Govt money".

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2021, 09:06:46 AM »
I don't know if it is within your plans but you also might look at elevators. We have one in our 2 story and I love it. It did ad about 15K to the building but, for us, well worth it. We have a 1 story with a fully finished basement with a walkout.

I lot of the high end 2 story homes on the golf course here have them. They make the larger homes far more sell able to the older retired folks. Most of them hire out the housekeeping and landscaping anyway, so they can afford them.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1421
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2021, 11:32:22 AM »
I lot of the high end 2 story homes on the golf course here have them. They make the larger homes far more sell able to the older retired folks. Most of them hire out the housekeeping and landscaping anyway, so they can afford them.

I, sure as hell, wish I could afford that. ;^)
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #135 on: Today at 05:33:01 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2021, 11:45:13 AM »
I don't know if it is within your plans but you also might look at elevators. We have one in our 2 story and I love it. It did ad about 15K to the building but, for us, well worth it.

We have a 1 story with a fully finished basement with a walkout.

Oddly enough those are not really a thing on my part of the country.  Its only in very expensive  homes that you see them. 

Honestly, I would not even build a basements  if the market would support it.  Its a big expense and not one that is really needed,but the market demands it.  Slabs are doable, just require pinned footings, raised foundations are by far the cheapest, and you really only have to go down 5'

Timothy

« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2021, 11:52:34 AM »
Small on demand water heaters, a/c units, heat pumps and exchangers kinda negates the need for cellars these days.  Not like you need a root cellar anymore!  All your mechanical systems would fit in a closet.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2021, 03:46:14 PM »
Small on demand water heaters, a/c units, heat pumps and exchangers kinda negates the need for cellars these days.  Not like you need a root cellar anymore!  All your mechanical systems would fit in a closet.
its the frost that is the issue here. 

I have already gone thru the planning commission, with any luck 4 models will be up end of September  start of october.  Its all at the mercy of the supply chains now.  Day after planing commission  made the info public I got almost 400 calls from re agents.  Its like um, can I get the roads in 1st please. 

Its one of those things I am willing to bet by the end of the year all the major tracks will have a model for this  style of home.   Not to mention that we are using icf.  Which is not really done here ( once again I have no clue why, its perfect for here)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2021, 03:53:22 PM »
BS.
You just like building stuff.   ;D
It's how I wound up with a 3D printer .   ;D

It does show that needs can be filled with out "Govt money".

The real question is will I be just riding a desk or will I be swining a hammer too. 

Trades are stretched thin and I will be importing talent from ca lol.  Of which I am sure most of the guys will stay.   Hard to let go of freedom.

I already know that people here are not use to ca construction pace.   Stuff that should be done in a week takes 2 here.

tombogan03884

« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2021, 05:53:46 PM »

The real question is will I be just riding a desk or will I be swining a hammer too. 

Trades are stretched thin and I will be importing talent from ca lol.  Of which I am sure most of the guys will stay.   Hard to let go of freedom.

I already know that people here are not use to ca construction pace.   Stuff that should be done in a week takes 2 here.

Hope you get to do the one that keeps you coming back .
No matter how much I bitched, it was the company, or particular project I hated, loved the work itself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk