Author Topic: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?  (Read 26028 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?
« Reply #190 on: October 02, 2021, 11:06:03 AM »
I just can't help myself... so I have 200+ homes to build, but I already have an idea for another product.   One of those things, why does this not exist type of things.   I just have to source some small and inexpensive  rack and pinion gears.  Not really interested in having to make them.  Only need to be about a foot long, but they do need to be able to hold 500 #
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #191 on: October 02, 2021, 01:28:13 PM »
I just can't help myself... so I have 200+ homes to build, but I already have an idea for another product.   One of those things, why does this not exist type of things.   I just have to source some small and inexpensive  rack and pinion gears.  Not really interested in having to make them.  Only need to be about a foot long, but they do need to be able to hold 500 #

And the Beaver builds another dam .   ;D   ;D
Hey, That's where civilization came from.    ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: October 02, 2021, 07:35:11 PM »
I saw a problem with conventional  options, wanted to fix it by moving the controls 90 degrees so they could be accessed from the front, not the far side.  I was shocked to find out no one makes one, even more shocked at what they cost for some 11 ga steal tubing and an acme thread.   

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2021, 08:30:55 PM »
Sent you a pm tom. 

Shocking how much they charge for that... you should see what they charge for the motorized  versions.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: October 15, 2021, 09:03:30 AM »
Rock getting hung as I type this... one of the few jobs where I will actively look for a way out of doing it.   Now 6 models water tight( 3for plans, 3 mirrored images)   I am now having to kick looks loos off the job site several times a day.   Getting more and more people leaving messages about buying....  but the message clearly states we are not taking orders until the models are ready for viewing.   One would think if you sat thru a 38 second message waiting for the beep...

As to sleep, what sleep?  Last night I got 3 hours in the truck.

Sponsor

« Reply #195 on: Today at 02:50:43 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2021, 06:04:01 PM »
people are stupid...

I have big signs, 8 of them infact that are 5'x12'

They list the specs of the homes pics of the models(rendered as they still need things like paint and land scape)  a 1 800 # and 8" high letters saying " viewing by appointment  only, taking appointments  starting 11/15/21"... they must not listen to the voice mail either as I had to turn off taking messages.   Getting some where around 500 calls a day.  I am only building 238 homes

I swear I am going to start blocking people...  some people are calling every day...  it clearly states appointments will open up at 9 am on the 15th, they will be 1st come 1st serve.

I am doing pre booked appointments for 3 reasons. 
1 it decreases the window shoppers.  Demand is insane, I don't want to waste time on people that are not actively looking to buy.

2 it let's us spread out the traffic over the day.

3 makes it really easy to control the sight and limit trespassing.

tombogan03884

« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2021, 08:55:13 PM »
House next door got sick of people turning around in their driveway, so they put up a sign, "NO TURNS".
now twice as many cars turn there.
What get's me though, is we have an identical driveway, 75 feet further, no sign, no one ever turns around there.  ::)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2021, 11:17:17 AM »
1 done, 3 to go. Floor layers in 2 and just waiting on tile/ touch up/ clean/ stage in the last. Had to actually park my truck on the road to stop people driving down the closed street trying to look at new houses.

Monday 9 am start setting appointments.  What people don't know is you leave a voice mail and I will call you back.  There is no actual person picking up the phone.  That way I can vet people.  I want to avoid the " window shoppers"  and the " I need my husband to see this" people.  You either are ready to buy, or not.   I don't want to waste my time/money. 

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: November 15, 2021, 10:45:53 AM »
It is now 9:45...  just over 1000 voice mails and counting.

Just with the people I have called back so far 1st week of showings is booked.

Demand for housing is insane, judging form the area codes its mainly people  fleeing ca, nv and or...

tombogan03884

« Reply #199 on: November 15, 2021, 12:52:10 PM »
It is now 9:45...  just over 1000 voice mails and counting.

Just with the people I have called back so far 1st week of showings is booked.

Demand for housing is insane, judging form the area codes its mainly people  fleeing ca, nv and or...

As a victim of Massholization, I suggest you ship them back before they spread.   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk