Author Topic: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?  (Read 26037 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2020, 07:02:12 AM »
So Frank, do you have sleep apnea?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2020, 09:46:28 PM »
So Frank, do you have sleep apnea?

Yep, everyone in my family does, and I can't sleep with my CPAP mask on. I'll probably have a heart attack in my sleep and die several years earlier than I would otherwise. A few uncles and a cousin on my dad's side of the family all died of heart attacks. It was the first heart attack that killed every one of them too. The only way my dad lived as long as he did was by having a 7-way heart bypass. I looked at an illustration of a heart in my doctor's office and it looked like there were only 7 blood vessels on it, 8 if you count one that forked off right before the end. Oh well, life's a b* tch, then you marry one, then you die. 
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2020, 04:54:45 AM »
Frank,  Have you looked into some of the options beyond CPAP?  They have some actual medical alternatives that are becoming more popular, and they don't involve a CPAP.  One of our drivers recently switched, and after a couple months he is very pleased.  For him it saves taking the CPAP in the truck, since between his two routes he is on the road four nights a week.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2020, 09:44:57 AM »
I've modified my eating schedule more than sleep schedule since the Chicom flu... trying to use the 18hour fasting idea as I used to eat breakfast with friends ... limit food from between noon and 6PM... I get up around 8 and go to bed around midnight... I'm back to shooting 3 matches and weekly Steel Challenge practice events a month, so up at around 6AM to make the trip to the ranges on those days... regards

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2020, 10:24:21 AM »
I can't stand the sleep apnea mask....so it's a nogo for me.  I started bunching up 3-4 pillows and the apnea improved greatly. 

Les that's interesting.  I'm drifting towards staying up later and sleeping later.  I don't exactly get the 18 hour fast period from what you wrote.  Are you saying you only eat food from noon to 6PM or that you limit the amount during that time?

Sponsor

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2020, 07:18:22 PM »
Rastus... I'm trying to do both... limit all food to between noon and 6pm, and limit the amount, especially processed carbs...and what is hard... NO SALT

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2020, 11:47:55 AM »
Got it.  What's the avoidance of salt about?

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2020, 01:34:07 PM »
Got it.  What's the avoidance of salt about?
  most likely  heart and or kidneys.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2020, 03:45:27 PM »
Rastus... as TAB commented...  blood pressure... I got lax with my eating and salt intake since my last check-up...with the Flu around, I have been sitting in the yard and reading, sucking up the UV and not getting the exercise I previously got from riding the bicycle... both weight and BP inched up a little, so need to get back to the program...

I'm trying the ELF diet.... eat less food... I'm single and eat out for all my meals... when your social life is tied to food, it is easy for me to get distracted... regards

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2020, 09:31:31 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  Elf program...hmmm...naw, that would never work for me. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk