Author Topic: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?  (Read 26016 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
Re: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2021, 12:36:51 PM »
I've seen a couple of Hiltis at work before, .27 caliber IIRC, not wimpy .22s for sure. They used them mainly on concrete I think. I would laugh my butt off if I saw a phone nailed to an I-beam. The gun would do it but you'd need a small plate or something in front of the phone to keep the nail from blowing clear through. I think you should do it TAB. Do it! Do it! Do it!
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2021, 04:16:52 PM »
I've seen a couple of Hiltis at work before, .27 caliber IIRC, not wimpy .22s for sure. They used them mainly on concrete I think. I would laugh my butt off if I saw a phone nailed to an I-beam. The gun would do it but you'd need a small plate or something in front of the phone to keep the nail from blowing clear through. I think you should do it TAB. Do it! Do it! Do it!

I have 22( all 5 levels) 25, 38 and 45.   The 38 and 45 can drive 1/4" or 3/8" studs into ibeams  that are almost as strong as drilling and tapping.  Used all the time in common buildings.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2021, 08:46:39 AM »
  I was thinking about a mag dump from the m16.  Then again, using my hilti ( powder actuated  nail gunl )and planting it to one of the I beams in the barn could also be fun.

MY #1 choice   ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2021, 11:09:21 AM »
I opened my laptop for the 1st time this  morning.  I still had my gmail business account signed in.   1400 emails since  the 31 st.   I spent a few mins reading some of the titles.   Most of them were " called  you, your phone number is disconnected, whats up?"   Others were congratulations.  The rest I looked at were boilerplate work stuff.  I copied the contacts to go thru later and save the useful ones.   Then swapped to my personal account.  My phone has rang 3x this year, 2 of them were the misses. About 2 dozen texts, mostly from friends wishing me a happy new year.   Its been awesome.

Got up at 7:30 today, had breakfast  with the misses. 

A man could get use to this.

tombogan03884

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2021, 08:30:34 AM »
I figure that will last until about 1 week after you finish your house .    ;D

Sponsor

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2021, 10:58:43 AM »
I figure that will last until about 1 week after you finish your house .    ;D
  I am not in any rush to finish the house.   Not even started work on the plans yet.  I have been doing things like cleaning and organizing  the house, and lots of cooking and baking.   The misses as been loving me cooking.  Tomorrow  the misses has the day off. I told her we are going to spend the entire day just relaxing together.

tombogan03884

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2021, 08:42:40 AM »
    Tomorrow  the misses has the day off. I told her we are going to spend the entire day just relaxing together.

Enjoy.    ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2021, 02:26:11 AM »
I opened my laptop for the 1st time this  morning.  I still had my gmail business account signed in.   1400 emails since  the 31 st.   I spent a few mins reading some of the titles.   Most of them were " called  you, your phone number is disconnected, whats up?"   Others were congratulations.  The rest I looked at were boilerplate work stuff.  I copied the contacts to go thru later and save the useful ones.   Then swapped to my personal account.  My phone has rang 3x this year, 2 of them were the misses. About 2 dozen texts, mostly from friends wishing me a happy new year.   Its been awesome.

Got up at 7:30 today, had breakfast  with the misses. 

A man could get use to this.

You owe me a new keyboard, TAB. I was taking a drink of water when I read that 1400 emails since the 31st and almost choked on it. Holy crap! That's a lot of email.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2021, 02:28:33 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2021, 11:54:37 AM »
You owe me a new keyboard, TAB. I was taking a drink of water when I read that 1400 emails since the 31st and almost choked on it. Holy crap! That's a lot of email.

100-300 day and 25-50 phone calls, every day last year.

When I say there is no amount of money  that will bring me back. I mean it.  I would have much preferred  swinging a hammer or digging a ditch

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk