Author Topic: CZ Shadow & SIG X5 Legion  (Read 705 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
CZ Shadow & SIG X5 Legion
« on: September 30, 2020, 10:28:09 AM »
I finally pulled myself up to Page-1 at the GSSF Nationals, so I have hope for the Dawsonville (River Bend) match.  These are two of the largest Glock matches and I want to do good.  My goal is to score <70.   I've been close but then "lost it" so I feel like I'm on the road to recovery. That said, all I'm shooting these two weeks is my G-17.  Well it's kinda boring practicing with one gun. 

So while I was at the range I rented the CZ Shadow and the Sig X5. 

Wow.  Just Wow.  I felt like the guy who gets to sit in the Lamborghini in the show room and then drives home in his Chevy Nova.

Don't know how to describe how smooth these guns were and how little recoil they had.  I want them both, badly.
Starting a Go-Fund-My-Gun page.    Seriously, if I trade in my M&P and my P250 the X5 would only cost????

The X5 is striker fired and about the most beautiful thing.  If it weren't for weight limitations in USPSA and IDPA they could have gone with a metal frame but the metal infused polymer is almost as good.

The CZ is a DA/SA with a safety, no decocker.  That's fine for competition.  No need to do DA first shot.  I only put 20 rounds through each gun as I needed the ammo for my G17 practice.  If I had known how great these guns were I'd have brought a case of ammo for them.   I did 7yds double taps with the CZ and you would have thought I was shooting from a Ransom Rest. 

Got to buy a lottery ticket.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk