Author Topic: Justice Amy Coney Barrett  (Read 1167 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
Justice Amy Coney Barrett
« on: October 10, 2020, 02:49:29 PM »
Here is a sign that we should keep demanding Justice Amy Coney Barrett be confirmed:

The opinion “shows that she takes the Constitution’s text and history seriously,” said Ilya Shapiro of the libertarian Cato Institute, and is committed to “holding the government’s feet to the fire” when individual rights are at stake.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/supreme-court-barrett-gun-laws/2020/10/10/3845995e-0976-11eb-9be6-cf25fb429f1a_story.html
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

Re: Justice Amy Coney Barrett
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 03:54:15 PM »
She clerked for Scalia, I would expect no less.
Certainly no Roberts, or Souter.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 04:41:47 PM »
The media, our political "experts", and the entire Democrat Party wave "Originist" as a scarlet letter.  If a justice is labeled an Originist, they are not fit for the task.

Why?  An Originist goes to the document, consults the writings and transcripts of those who crafted the Constitution, and the context it was written in.  What is wrong with this?  How can you even begin to adjust for precedent or changing times if you don't study and understand the origin?

There is a Bible teacher I have listened to and read over several decades.  He is continually stating "If you want to know what the Bible says, go to the Bible."  Don't go to all the commentaries, evangelists, current, or even historic, books.  Go to the Bible, and look at what the context of the writing was.

If you want to know what the Constitution says and why, go to the Constitution, the writings, and the transcripts of those who crafted and worked to ratify it.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 06:53:56 PM »
f..k what the democrats think.
That's the whole basis of the Trump Train.
America is saying the same thing, just using a whole lot more words.   ;D

Start pointing out that the cops they are rioting against take their orders from the same democrats telling them how oppressed they are.
Those cops in Baltimore, St Louis, Seattle, etc don't take orders from a Republican President. He doesn't sign their checks. If they're thumping Willy, and shooting black folks, it's because the democrat City Govt told them to.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk