Author Topic: Something silly: a Walking Dead weapons "rant"  (Read 6952 times)

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1421
Re: Something silly: a Walking Dead weapons "rant"
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2021, 09:28:21 AM »
K9’s don’t bother me as much as the pronounced Adam’s apple!

That reminded me of this song!

https://youtu.be/ZgyrWoD9-04?t=9
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2021, 04:01:48 AM »
About a week ago I put my camping gear back in my truck, including the hammer that was a tomahawk, and my E-tool. It was an army surplus entrenching tool that I tried to dig too much, too deep with, and snapped the handle right off. I threw away the broken handle but kept the blade, and made my T-handle from the same 3/4" pipe I later used for the hammer. The handle is 4.5" wide, and the overall length of the shovel is about 33.25" IIRC. I just made sure it was short enough to fit in the front cargo box on one of my old ATVs. Before I welded the T-bar on the handle, I hammered down the other part to narrow it down some where it goes between my fingers when I hold on to dig with it. I never sharpened the blade but it was still sharp enough to chop some branches about 1.5" diameter off a pine tree in one chop. I don't think I could have done that with my axes or machetes.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2021, 09:16:05 AM »
You need a new axe.
Or learn to sharpen the one you've got.

Timothy

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2021, 12:32:54 PM »
I actually CAN shave with my forest axe!

tombogan03884

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2021, 06:16:51 PM »
I actually CAN shave with my forest axe!

With out hurting yourself ?
Getting it sharp enough is easy.
It's the , not slitting your throat after it is  part, That's the sketchy part.   ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 07:22:52 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2021, 08:20:41 PM »
With out hurting yourself ?
Getting it sharp enough is easy.
It's the , not slitting your throat after it is  part, That's the sketchy part.   ;D
  I shave with a straight every day.  Hell I have even shaved with a floor scraper razor blade.  Its not thatbhard once you learn.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2021, 08:51:41 AM »
  I shave with a straight every day.  Hell I have even shaved with a floor scraper razor blade.  Its not thatbhard once you learn.

I f#ck myself up with clippers .     ;D
I have a beard.  It's safer.    ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2021, 03:17:38 AM »
You need a new axe.
Or learn to sharpen the one you've got.

I was chopping in the middle of live branches roughly shoulder height with my shovel, and in that situation I had a much harder time hitting them right with an ax. A lot of times they would bounce away from the ax without cutting all the way through, if I didn't completely miss, that is. And I can sharpen an ax just fine. I can shave the hair off my arms with both of my axes after I sharpen them. But the blades are thicker than my shovel or machetes and I sharpen them at a wider angle, rather than a narrow angle like a knife blade. A wider angle can take a lot more chopping without chipping or dulling than a really narrow angle. That's why chisels aren't sharpened to the same narrow angle as knives. The shovel has a wider blade than the axes so I don't miss, and more weight than the machetes. It works better than all 4 of them for lopping off certain sizes of floppy green branches. It even lops of branches that my loppers won't. But nothing I own compares to my 18" machete for most branches, and the axes work best for big dry branches.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2021, 03:36:56 AM »
I got a small pocket knife from the NRA one time that I gave them some money. The blade is maybe 2" or less, I don't know. But it felt really sharp. I wanted to see just how sharp it was so I shaved my beard off with it. I never shaved my beard off with anything before or since. I always cut it off a beard trimmer or something and then shaved, but this time I skipped that step and shaved it off. When I was done it looked like a small furry animal in the bathroom sink, and I was feeling kind of stubbly. But I wasn't bleeding, and I had to shave again with a twin razor to clean up the rough spots. Considering that I never even shaved with a straight razor in my entire life, I thought I did a pretty good job with a little pocket knife.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk