Author Topic: CNMG AR-15 .22 L.R. Conversion Kit ??  (Read 4243 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: CNMG AR-15 .22 L.R. Conversion Kit ??
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2021, 08:06:47 AM »
Billt... you will put a bunch of residue into the action if you use a chamber insert on an AR with a standard gas tube.. when I used my CMMG A unit for 3 gun practice, I put 1000 rounds of transition practice prior to the 2009 Ft Benning match, by 2010 I had cobbled a spare upper to which I had removed the gas tube, and closed off the gas port with a stainless screw clamp... plenty accurate for what I was using it for... after 2010, I got a 16" dedicated barrel... when I got my registered SBR I got the 10" and short 9mm options also.. regards

my first decision was to build a 10/22 for Steel Challenge... I just was unhappy with the reliability of the platform (mine was not a Ruger receiver)... the short AR works fine for me... I have a 16" backup

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2021, 08:12:30 AM »
Rastus... some of the bulk ammo now available is marginal in operating the action of my Ruger MKIV lite...some failed to sufficiently move the bolt to re-cock the hammer... I added the Volquartsen adjustable spring system, using the lightest spring, to help alleviate the issue... still had a couple fail to extract, but not with the CCI Blazer I use for competition ...the CMMG unit in the rifle has a longer spring travel, and I think this helps with reliability... regards

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2021, 04:11:57 PM »
It came this morning. I didn't care for the blister pack they shipped it in, so I went to Harbor Freight and picked up one of those Apache Pelican style medium sized cases with the "pluckable" foam, and it fit perfectly with all 3 magazines. As soon as it cools off, I'll take it out and light it up. It looks to be very well made. We'll see.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2021, 08:48:21 PM »
Nice.  Let us know how you like it.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk