Author Topic: Last US soldier leaves Afghanistan  (Read 1417 times)

Timothy

Re: Last US soldier leaves Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 04:04:30 PM »
Glad we're out of that shithole but pissed off is an understatement on how it was accomplished!  Old Schleppy Joe will be bragging about this for minutes as his mind wanders off thinking of ice cream...

The same group of asshats that gave us the Iran deal, Benghazi, Syria, etc. were in charge of this shit show!  And the republic collapses under thunderous applause!

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 08:12:36 AM »
Should have happened 20 years ago.
We accomplished our stated mission in the first 30 days.
The rest was just a bunch of gutless pissants trying to make the world safe for Starbucks.
A 20 year waste of resources because America elects faggots who can't accept that the military's purpose is to kill people and wreck shit.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 07:27:32 AM »
Though I agree with you all I do have a different slant.  The incessant cry for democracy in a land where the religion is their government was just stupid.  It isn't working here anymore just look at how the Nazi's Democrats stole a presidential election and got away with it.

Regardless, the Taliban have been and will again be a hotbed platform for terrorists.  I saw it cited that the Afghan Army was loosing as many people in a year as we lost in 20 years..so I think a little credit is due them instead of the Biden scapegoat narrative that they just cut and ran.  Especially since they got paid sometimes and had equipment sometimes. 

So here we are ~75 years later with occupational troops still in Japan and Germany.  No battles, of course...but still there.  New reasons like Russia and China are added to our "occupation" of Japan and Germany...which are great reasons to be there to blunt the big 2.  So I look at Afghanistan like that.  Afghanistan was an occupation to prevent terrorism within our borders.  We were down (  https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R44116 ) considerably from peak deployed troop levels. 

I refuse to believe those who died for us died needlessly.  I believe they kept us safe from terrorists who would have killed many more of us here on our soil.  They did not die in vain.

I also believe if we had not had this total unplanned abandonment based upon "feel good" politically influenced information that the highest levels of the Democratic Party wanted to see and instead, had left some troops in to manage the Afghans this would not have happened. 

We are less safe now.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 08:55:06 AM »
Your basic premise is wrong.
US troops may be stationed in Japan, Korea, and Germany, but they haven't been "occupation" troops since the 50's.
Those regional staging areas.
Just like our "occupation" of the British possessions in Diego Garcia.
Read "On Sea Power" by Alfred Thayer Mahan .
It will explain the concept nicely.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:26:48 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 09:49:09 AM »
SO, you might ask, do other countries have bases on US soil?

I use to go in/out of Dulles a lot and there is a building marked, Luftewaffe.  No, I don't mean Lufthansa, but German Air Force.  Now they don't actually do operations there, it's more of a parts procurement facility, since they fly some US made planes and I bet we have some German parts in ours as well.  But it was always humorous to see the German flag flying over the facility.

Now I did do some checking and there are German presence at other bases, but the above is the only formal "base" on US soil, not just having training units or liaison officers at our bases.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 05:37:34 PM »
I think they are an occupation force.  If our military was out, what are the chances that those governments would align with us over say Russia or China?  Especially now with double dumb ass as president?

In that regard I believe the troops are very much an occupational force.  It isn't in the same phase of occupation as the immediate time after they were conquered but it's an occupational force none the less.  Something to keep them on the straight and narrow from our perspective.

A continuation of forces in Afghanistan would have been a similar occupation, but not on the basis of having been "conquered".  More along the lines of being beaten and held back.  Managing the Afghans to die in their own country to greatly reduce the threat of continuing world terrorism within our shores would have been worthwhile.  If Iranian fissile material finds it's way over here via Afghan terror support this stupid move by Biden will never be linked back to that by the media.  It will be Trump's fault.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2021, 06:36:03 PM »
SO, you might ask, do other countries have bases on US soil?

I use to go in/out of Dulles a lot and there is a building marked, Luftewaffe.  No, I don't mean Lufthansa, but German Air Force.  Now they don't actually do operations there, it's more of a parts procurement facility, since they fly some US made planes and I bet we have some German parts in ours as well.  But it was always humorous to see the German flag flying over the facility.

Now I did do some checking and there are German presence at other bases, but the above is the only formal "base" on US soil, not just having training units or liaison officers at our bases.

More like "Co located".
Like the "School of the America's", at Ft Bragg .
Germany also has an armored Division in Canada .
It's for training purposes with NATO.
In Germany, or any other European country, you can only train to operate there.
In the US and Canada we have climate, terrain, and distance enough to train for most anything.
I would not be very surprised to find other European countries sending personnel through the German system.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk