Author Topic: My First  (Read 3188 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
My First
« on: October 03, 2021, 01:19:51 PM »
Cleaning out the safe of things that I won't be using so I had a credit at the LGS and applied it to a REX G7 458 silencer.    Went the Silencer Shop route with their Single Shot Trust.    October 1st is my filing date.  So the wait begins. 

At least I can go "visit" my Rex at the range.  I'm guessing I'll take the .458 Socom first to try out.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: My First
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 08:31:40 PM »
be careful nfa stuff is addictive...

You have been warned  ;D
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 08:41:27 AM »
be careful nfa stuff is addictive...

You have been warned  ;D

It's ALL expensive !
Reload, you'll save on ammo, BS ! You just shoot more, then have to buy more supplies.
Get a C&R license, you can save on transfers. Crap, you wind up having to buy a bigger house to fit all the surplus rifles.
I assume NFA is the same idea with a tax stamp.   ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 11:59:20 AM »
It's ALL expensive !
Reload, you'll save on ammo, BS ! You just shoot more, then have to buy more supplies.
Get a C&R license, you can save on transfers. Crap, you wind up having to buy a bigger house to fit all the surplus rifles.
I assume NFA is the same idea with a tax stamp.   ;D

Truth...

I spend the same on ammo that I did in the past, I just get to make more of it.

I am thinking very hard on building a 3006 with a can for hunting.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 03:27:42 PM »
Hunting is the purpose for this can.  Just to take the edge of the .458 SOCOM when out in the field.

If it helps make my .22 pistol with .22 CBs impossible to hear, well there's that.   After all I'm a no-discharge-unless-in-self-defense county.  Hate for some neighbor to think I was shooting Chipmunks with a .22lr.

Sort of off topic, I'd never done it, but used my weak hand thumb to hold the bolt in place on my 22/45 while I fired it.  Felt just a little "thump" nothing else.   I knew it was not a problem to hold a .22lr just had never tried it.    Haven't worked up the nerve to hold my P320 yet though I've seen it done.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:03:09 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 10:14:28 PM »
I have cz 452 that I made "tacticool"  set up just like a precision  rifle with a dead air on the end of it.  With Anglia sss. You can hear the striker fire, and then the bullet hit the target.  1st yote I shot with it, I never imagined how loud a bullet smacking meat would be.

Still on the hunt for a De Lisle carbine.  Wanted one for a good 20 b years.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 08:36:15 AM »
Watch Rock Island Auctions.
There is also the "Destroyer" carbine,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G11BXqRVwSA 
Or just build your own . 

Give the Chinese a break, and under price a domestic manufacturer for a change   ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 10:18:12 AM »
I remember that, still not as a cool as the de lisle

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2021, 10:28:00 AM »
I remember that, still not as a cool as the de lisle

Well no, since it was a copy made on cheap Spanish receivers .   ;D
But I bet you could come up with some tweaks even De Lisle missed. 
Updated / modernized if nothing else.   ;D
I wouldn't bother with SBR though, use the extra barrel length for more silencer.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2022, 07:26:55 AM »
Well no, since it was a copy made on cheap Spanish receivers .   ;D
But I bet you could come up with some tweaks even De Lisle missed. 
Updated / modernized if nothing else.   ;D
I wouldn't bother with SBR though, use the extra barrel length for more silencer.

One tax stamp is enough. I wouldn't want to pay for 2 on one gun unless it was full auto. 5" of rifled barrel plus 11" integrated suppressor, or 4.5" plus 11.5", could make for a nice quiet 16" barrelled .45 carbine without the pregnant look of the De Lisle carbine's barrel. That was a really cool weapon but the suppressor looks way fatter than any cans or integrated suppressors I see for .45s.

I saw a suppressed 16" drop-in bull barrel for a 10/22 that was only rifled for the first 5.5" IIRC. I thought that was awfully short for a rifle and wondered what effect it would have on accuracy. I didn't think about it until now but .22 LR pistols don't have any problems with complete powder burn, lack of accuracy, etc. in 5.5" barrels. The unrifled part of the barrel should keep the bullet on course, and 10.5" of built-in suppressor on a 10/22 sounds really good to me. Being a pistol caliber, a suppressed .45 ACP carbine wouldn't need much of the barrel rifled either. A lot of gun writers were getting better accuracy from 3" Para-Ord/USA pistols than the average 5" 1911 .45. Length isn't the only thing that maters... it's what you do with it. ;D
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk