Author Topic: Gun broker blues....  (Read 3929 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Gun broker blues....
« on: January 16, 2022, 11:42:21 PM »
I found a rifle I wanted. It was at 1300 for 6 days with me being the top bid... in the last 2 hours it has gone to 1825... damn

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/921112639

I know I can afford it, but its too much. Oh well.

Ps yes, it takes lots of strength  of will not to go over the top. ;D

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: Gun broker blues....
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 11:58:16 AM »
Six days are left.  If it goes for $1,825 you are going to wish you bid $1,850.03...or something thereabouts. 

I usually bid the things on up.  If the guy is a nimrod and really wants it he'll outbid you again in a hurry and a more patient experienced guy will bid up later on.

Some of the ones I've bid have ended up being a gun shop so they hop out at a relatively low price.  Then there are the real collectors who wait until the last minute and blow everyone away. 

I was trying to get a 17 Fireball for a while and there were a couple of guys who always seemed to beat me out.  So a couple of podunk Fireballs came out and I bid right up to where they bought before and the bit and bid high.  To my good fortune a nice Fireball came out and I had them bidding high on 2 or 3 others plus I knew their exit point or buying limits.  Hammer down and got a good one.

Get this thing.  It looks good.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 07:13:41 PM »
The .357 mag B-92's are fairly rare, Browning made a lot more .44 mags than .357, I would say grab it at $1850.00 if you can,You most likely won't find another on as clean as that one.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 07:20:54 AM »
The .357 mag B-92's are fairly rare, Browning made a lot more .44 mags than .357, I would say grab it at $1850.00 if you can,You most likely won't find another on as clean as that one.

Yup.  Remember that when you look at last year's prices we have 12-15% inflation right now.  The prices are not going to go back down to where they were....yesterday has come and gone.  In the last year everyone's dollar they had in the bank can now only buy about 80 cents worth....which is how governments with fiat currency always pay for their excessive spending.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 03:30:06 PM »
You guys are not helping my addiction.

I will wait a bit and see if it goes up, it looks like it was a max bid and it keeps getting upped.  So no telling what the cap is.  My guess is 2k, but I have been wrong before.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:00:39 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 08:57:32 AM »
You guys are not helping my addiction.

Oh, We're helping the "addiction" alright.
It's Restraint", and your bank balance that we aren't helping.   ;D
It's what we do .    ::)

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 11:51:08 AM »
32 hours left and $1,825 current bid.  I think you oughta' throw $2253.07 on it and see what happens.

But if you really, really want it go with 2,553.07.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 12:32:11 PM »
32 hours left and $1,825 current bid.  I think you oughta' throw $2253.07 on it and see what happens.

But if you really, really want it go with 2,553.07.
haha.

We will wait until about an hour left.  I will make one bid.  If I get it great, if not no skin off my nose

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2022, 07:37:47 PM »
Don't bother with the asinine "Gaming" the auction.

Bid what you're willing to pay and if your financial dick is big enough , you win.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2022, 01:49:17 PM »
Doesn't Gun Broker have the bid feature where you put in your highest bid, and it only applies it in increments needed to either be highest/win, or run others up until you max out?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk