Author Topic: Where is everyone?  (Read 6091 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
Re: Where is everyone?
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2022, 02:02:59 PM »
I was checking in but really didn't have much to say.  I spent 9 hours on the road yesterday to go to a meeting and to pick up some books.

At 10 this morning we were cruising right at 60F.  3-1/2 hours later we are at 37F.  The wind is howling and I am stoking the stove with hot burning hickory wood.  74 and rising here in the cabin.

Nap time.

Oh, I did buy a couple of boxes 45 colt from Midway USA today.  A box of Grizzly 45 colt +P 265 grain 1,400 FPS to put in the Marlin for bear issues this year.  Also a box of of Underwood 250 grain +P in 45 colt...also 1,400 FPS.   I'll see if there is any difference in grouping but there may not be much difference.  I'm not sure what the velocity will be from the rifle barrel but my wife won't be worried about the kick and at 1,100 ft lbs it should do the job on unwanted visitors. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2022, 03:25:55 PM »
..... I don't want this group of "like-minded" people going away!

We are getting harder and harder to replace.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2022, 05:52:11 PM »
So funny from today.

I was in home depot, I know you guys are shocked.

A young couple was looking at the roll tape measures.  So I asked what are they using it for.  " we want to measure our back yard to build a garage"  " the county has that info, and they are a few miles away"  the husband gets real defensive " we are going to do our own thing"  so naturally  I walk away... turns out they bought one of my homes... never met him, but I did the wife. I know this because I saw them measuring their back yard a few hours later.

So me being me I walk up and ask what they are doing.  " oh the guy from home depot..." " no I am the builder.  If you had not been a dick I could have told you every thing you wanted to know.  You are trespassing  and if I see you on the property  again until you take possession  I will have you arrested"

For some reason I see delays on this house... not sure why, but its going to be delayed.  Shortages of building materials  and labor...

Moral of the story, don't be a dick to some one trying to be nice and helpful.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 467
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2022, 11:06:58 AM »
Besides my jerking the chain of the cityhood folks, I've been chasing the dream of shooting every division in Steel Challenge.  (Yes I know someone has just achieved Master in all 13.)

Completed my 7th on Sunday.   OSR, ISR, RFRI, RFRO, RFPI, RFPO & PROD.   Class C scores in all of them.  Next up Single Stack.  Then Limited, followed by Open and CO.  Somewhere along the line I'll need a PCC.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2022, 03:14:05 PM »
The city library is considering some sort of "Maker Space".
I think this is a fantastic idea to keep the little delinquents off the streets and prepare them for real work.
I'd like it a lot more if the President of Rotary hadn't decided I was the Go To guy for such things .
WTF do I know ?
I'm barely keeping my own machine going .
 Apparently maintanence wasn't something they had thought of.
Neither was having just one person to actually run the prints, so you only have one person "adjusting" the machine .
Turns out, I had a lot more to offer than I thought.     ;D
Actually I'm extremely flattered, but their best option is to reach out to the few American manufacturers .
They all have "Education" departments and want to promote the hobby to sell more printers.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:44:05 AM »

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2022, 04:34:09 PM »
Steel Challenge is a haven for old guys that can't run any longer, and still like to shoot...

Alf.. congratulations...I don't shoot my PCC much any more due to the primer shortage, but went through the gamut when building it...from simple blow back to radial delayed....if you have any particular questions, give a shout

after my dominant right eye cataract surgery, the improvement in vision was tremendous...  I built an irons pistol and rifle for rim fire Steel Challenge, shot enough to get a classification, but not a lot of irons division shooters locally, so stay with the optics for the challenge

left eye surgery Wednesday... looking forward to it.. regards Les

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2022, 08:44:13 AM »
I love my bionic eyes.  Never had such great vision.  I use SSP upper readers for my irons. 

For PCC, I just want something good enough to make C class.  I have a shooting buddy with a Kel-Tec whom I'm going to propose we do a swap for 2months, his PCC for my 929 revolver.  Then we can both do those divisions.  I don't see Shooting PCC more than 2 matches, so not gonna get worked up over it. 

So far my best division is RFRO, so that'll be my go to after I've done all 13.
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2022, 08:46:19 AM »
Oh and Steel Challenge is great for youngster and all new action shooters.  Let's them get a taste for action shooting, without worrying about mag changes and movement.
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2022, 02:39:12 PM »
Well here's a random kick in the arse.

Just got an email from Photobucket.   Either pay or they will delete my photos.  So much for their free service.    I can't even get to my account to refresh myself as to what photos I had over there.   All I get when I signon is a BIG RED screen telling me No Hosting, comply or request we delete your account.   I ain't requesting anything. 

Not a biggie, because I've been paying SmugMug for years as a secure photobackup site and have used it more and more to host pictures to forums.

YouTube is also on my list to avoid.  Their latest commercial with the dude prancing around his keyboard wearing a bright blue, patterned PJ shirt doesn't make me want to use their service either.
Will work for ammo

BAC

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2022, 11:27:51 AM »
Here

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk