Author Topic: Breaking the law in Colorado  (Read 2350 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: Breaking the law in Colorado
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2022, 07:53:30 PM »
OK.  If you don't delete that I'm going to call it "aiding and abetting".

Seriously I think you are on to something.  Wouldn't the lying news media love RICO on the evening news....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2022, 07:39:48 PM »
Just saw some of the videos from MD State USPSA match.  The PCC shooters looked good with their 30+ round magazines.  Say, wait.  Doesn't MD prohibit mags holding more than 10 rounds?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

BAC

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2022, 11:41:48 PM »
I believe the law in Maryland prohibits the sale, purchase or manufacture of magazines over 10 rounds.  It doesn’t actually prohibit the possession of them.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2022, 05:04:50 AM »
I believe the law in Maryland prohibits the sale, purchase or manufacture of magazines over 10 rounds.  It doesn’t actually prohibit the possession of them.

Now that is interesting.  If true, you can go out of state and bring in whatever you want.  Then...you can gift it to whoever you want I suppose?

BAC

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2022, 05:58:33 AM »
Now that is interesting.  If true, you can go out of state and bring in whatever you want.  Then...you can gift it to whoever you want I suppose?

I guess the transfer would have to be done out of state as well.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:46:05 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2022, 07:51:33 AM »
You are so right.  There appears to no law against possession or against personal import.  It is however illegal to "transfer" within state, and to advertise for sale.  But again, evidently nothing wrong with personal export, then sell/transfer elsewhere.

So I guess competitors are okay in MD.
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2022, 02:02:36 PM »
Back to the IDPA Nationals.  Registration closes Monday, 7/3.   Right now they're only showing the staff registrations.  I guess once they sort out the "points" then they'll post the final registration list.  (I'm not in the pool.  Maybe next year.)

Anyway, in Joyce Wilson's original letter it said here's the waiver you have to sign and we'll be on hand to help speed the process along.  Nothing else.  But if you look at Practiscore, it says PCC Division magazine capacity is topped at 15.  (Normally 30.)    OH.  Wonder how many PCC shooters are aware?  I don't see it on the web page or  the FB page.  They may have sent an email to registered competitors.

And what happened to their newly created PCC-10 division.  I guess no National Championship for them this year.

Pity all the full sized gun competitors who haven't possessed their 17 round mags since 7/1/13.  They'll need a different gun or they can risk perjury.  WOnder what the statue of limitations is on that?
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2022, 02:47:09 PM »
Am watching the IDPA registration/squadding since the signup closed out Monday, 7/4. 

IDPA uses a point system for who qualifies for Nationals.  (I earned zero points since I didn't shoot anything above a Level 1, local, match).  So now that signup is closed, they're working through the points, and I guess by division, to determine who actually goes.  Initially they had the 55 staff/volunteers squadded.  As of today They're up to 96 people assigned. They're coming out in dribbles.  LIke one person is doing this when they get a chance.

It'll be interesting to see the final numbers for this year.

Since it'll be coming to Talladega next year, I need to shoot in some Level 2+ matches to get some points if I want to go.

Will work for ammo

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2022, 03:27:41 PM »
<snip>
Since it'll be coming to Talladega next year, I need to shoot in some Level 2+ matches to get some points if I want to go.

It would be good for someone on the board to get in there!  I can't compete at that level but it looks like the only thing I'll be shooting is rat shot to move non-compliant cattle.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2022, 10:11:56 AM »
Seems everyone's been invited now to IDPA Nationals.

The registration is holding steady at 353 this year as opposed to 425 shooting last year.  That'll change as some people will drop out for various last minute reasons.

It appears that the PCC shooters don't want to play with 15 round mags as opposed to their normal 30.  I would have expected the interest in PCC to have grown this year over last.   Also there's down turn in SSP.  I wonder if it's because many of their grips are too long for 15 round mags and the competitors don't want the hassle of finding special, compliant magazines if there are any?

Here's a comparison between last year's score sheet and the current registration.

2021   2022
Bug   12      14
CCP   41      43
CDP   55      42
CO     97      85
ESP    76      80
SSP    88      55
REV    23      16
PCC    30      18

Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk