Author Topic: Bianchi Cup  (Read 2392 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Bianchi Cup
« on: November 16, 2022, 09:56:46 AM »
Seems the CMP has taken over the Bianchi Cup, which will still be held at Green Valley R&P in MO, since CMP doesn't have the facilities.  They could put in a mover but financially that might be a big loser.  However, there will be significant, to be announced, rule changes.   Since this is a May event they need to get those rules out soon.

https://thecmp.org/cmp-green-valley-rifle-pistol-club-set-to-host-bianchi-cup-action-shooting-competition-in-2023/

Bianchi is on my bucket list, but so few places hold matches.  Plates, Practical and Barricade I can practice but the Mover requires a special range.  The nearest I've found to ATL is Tallahassee. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Bianchi Cup
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 07:44:14 PM »
Of course CMP already has its own rules for Bullseye shooting, oh excuse me, Precision Pistol.  I just read through the differences which are mostly nits, though to serious shooters these can be a big deal.  Clubs are already divided, some following NRA and some CMP.  How this shakes out for world records and claim to national titles isn’t clear.
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 10:53:47 AM »
CMP has now posted the new rules for the Bianchi Cup formerly known as NRA Action Pistol.

First, the rules on Production division are rather strict.   You can't use a gun where you recut the rear sight slot.  That knocks out my 1911, not that that's an ideal choice anyway.   Of course you can shoot in the Metallic division instead.  Revolvers are limited to a 6.0" barrel.  That could get tricky because I think Smith's have somewhere between a 0"+.25" tolerance.  I'll have to measure mine.  And the blurb about all safety features makes me wonder if removing the hammer block is allowed.  Most everyone throws those away. And of course revolvers have to shoot the DA only and there no separate division for them.

There's some confusion in the Falling Plate stage description as the text says the plate is 8" round, but the picture shows a shorten Pepper Popper 12" in diameter.

Rimfire is now allowed but the range must provide different plate racks with lighter plates (1/4" thick) for them

THE BIGGEST CHANGE is that prone position has been removed from Plates. 

https://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/2023-CMP-Action-Pistol-Rules.pdf
Will work for ammo

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 12:27:21 PM »
Getting rid of prone should help the old folks...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 03:23:52 PM »
Prone is still allowed in the Practical at the longer distances.  Bummer.
Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:42:11 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023, 11:46:03 AM »
I'm starting to look more into this Bianchi Cup.

The 2023 Cup had 9 Revolver shooters, all in the Open division.  I'm going for Production since I won't have optic, comp or wings.

Because this is NRA based(history) there's a bias against using any one place to advertise, register, squad, pay or post scores.  Almost none are posted on Practiscore.   CMP hasn't updated their competition web site to allow you to search for Action Pistol (the formal name) and if you search through ALL pistol matches all you find are multigun or Precision Pistol.  Google search got me to one club, then I've had to ferret out the information the old fashion way but calling and mailing to get leads to others.   Scores for the most part are just emailed to the participants or put on the clubs web site.   Not very conducive to attracting new shooters.

I've found 10 clubs that hold, or recently held matches.  The closest is Tallahassee a 6 hour drive.  I've initiated contact with them and will go down at least twice before the next Cup.  Which as far as I can tell hasn't been announced.  Hoping CMP will move it to Talladega.

Rules have changed a bit.  Revolvers can have 6.5" barrels.  And it appears they can shoot Single Action in Open and Metallic Divisions.

First step is to sight in my 686 at 50yds and see how it groups with various ammo. 

Now here's a scary thought.  What's my goal after that?  More USPSA?  IDPA?  Steel Challenge? Or try out more RSCA?  Or heaven forbid Bullseye.  No, I'm not going 3 gun.  MAYBE tactical rifle game.  One gun only though.
Will work for ammo

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 12:45:51 PM »
Alf, maybe you should look into OFSDAR's after Action pistol.

(Old Farts Shooting Double Action Revolvers) I'm sure a lot of us qualify... ;D ;D
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2023, 07:45:12 AM »
Good luck Al.  It's a shame when institutions overreach and gum up the works.  And a 6 hour drive to practice...dang I would need to go through two naps to get there as old as I am. 

However, I'm especially interested to see if the groupings change very much from ammo to ammo in your revolver. 

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2023, 09:10:37 AM »
Getting rid of prone should help the old folks...

Every time I scan this I catch on this point.  Even in the midst of PT for my knee, and in attempting to keep up with the exercises, that damn ground seems to be getting further away every week. Maybe I'm just getting taller, but I don't want to be timed going into prone.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2023, 12:04:34 PM »
Losing 20 lbs has helped....but it ain't never gonna be like it used to be on this side of life.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk