Author Topic: Baldwin charged.  (Read 3835 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Baldwin charged.
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2023, 10:04:05 PM »
Aaaaand they dropped the charges against him.  …but some animals are more equal than others.

I want to see the da  re-election fund.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2023, 10:31:53 PM »
His saving grace, for the moment, is Halls admission and plea deal.  When Halls testified that he presented the gun to Baldwin and declared it safe Halls assumed all risk.  This is due to the standards of assuring safety in these settings.

It is the same as when I am teaching a class.  As an instructor I survey the setting and surrounding area.  I deem and announce what is a safe direction for firearms to be pointed.  If for some reason a firearm is hot and discharges in the safe direction, and a bullet hits someone or something in that direction, I carry the bulk of the responsibility for the accident.  The only items the student would be held accountable for is if they knowingly and willfully fired the firearm contrary to my direction.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2023, 11:21:32 PM »
Aaaaand they dropped the charges against him.  …but some animals are more equal than others.

Would that make him a pig?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2023, 11:51:13 PM »
The title of this thread should be changed to, "Baldwin NOT CHARGED".

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2023, 12:11:33 AM »
I once saw a headline that said someone was charged with battery. I couldn't help but chuckle at that.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:59:20 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2023, 12:24:34 AM »
I once saw a headline that said someone was charged with battery. I couldn't help but chuckle at that.

I've never fully understood that charge. There is, "Battery". Then there is, "Aggravated Battery". Then there is, "Assault & Battery". How can you be charged with, "Battery", without assaulting the person in the process?

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2023, 12:28:59 AM »
A lot of this type of "play on words" legal crap can be associated with the liberals, along with the term, "Assault Rifle" that they so love to throw around.

If I shoot you with a single shot, bolt action, youth "Chipmunk" .22, have I not assaulted you?

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2023, 12:33:10 AM »
Warning! The joke below is in very poor taste. Do not read it under any circumstances.

30,000 women are battered every day in the United States. And I've been eating mine plain.

You didn't read that, did you? I'll be sitting alone in the corner until further notice.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2023, 12:34:25 AM »
A lot of this type of "play on words" legal crap can be associated with the liberals, along with the term, "Assault Rifle" that they so love to throw around.

If I shoot you with a single shot, bolt action, youth "Chipmunk" .22, have I not assaulted you?

Yep. Any weapon you assault someone with is an assault weapon, right?

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2023, 08:33:49 AM »
The sad parts is there was already 2 nd that happened before all this on set.   As the executive producer he should have at the very least fired the armorer and did a total safety lock down... where is osha in all this?   In my industry most of the deaths are from smaller companies  that have been fined before. 

Sure looks like this is the same thing minus the fines.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk