Author Topic: Best Defense  (Read 272 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
Best Defense
« on: April 17, 2024, 09:26:10 PM »
Sitting here this evening and watching another episode of Best Defense and thinking about what I have been hearing on the news over the last few months. The series is from 2020, and it covers mass casualty events. With our porous borders we are wrapped up thinking about Mexicans.  However, here in Chicago, we are dealing with violent Venezuelan gangs murdering. Each report we hear about more and more from China, Ukraine, Russia, and a host of Middle Eastern groups. Many of these from overseas are single adults, and most of those are males of military age.

Remember 2001 and the focus on Sleeper Cells? Remember learning how long these attackers had been in our country?

Time again to go through our gear, our bug out bags, our everyday carry, and the bag, briefcase or book bag we carry throughout the day. Time to take inventory of our training, and most importantly, dust off the old training and practice journal, and start using it again.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: Best Defense
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 11:37:07 PM »
I saw on the news today(Newsmax) that they have caught 28,000 military age Chinese nationals trying to sneak over the border so far,That doesn't include the get a ways. That's almost 2 divisions. I think that is something we should worry about. Especially since the chicoms have been buying up farm land near our military bases seems like that would be a good location for them to meet up .
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 05:25:54 AM »
Speaking of gangs in Chicago, if you read about Gangs in Chicago in Wikipedia, it starts out like this: Chicago is considered the most gang-occupied city in the United States, with 150,000 gang-affiliated denizens, representing more than 100 gangs. Gang warfare and retaliation is common in Chicago. Gangs were responsible for 61% of the homicides in Chicago in 2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangs_in_Chicago 

Remind me why you're there, Mike. Wasn't it a move for work? Unemployment elsewhere might not be such a bad option. Body armor would be next on my list after leaving. Keep your head on a swivel and think about getting stealthy spy glasses or biking glasses with a rear-view mirror.

https://www.spysite.com/products/rearview-spy-sunglasses-see-behind-you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WZf2EINmpU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R338hKCrTnE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_XK_NLseHw
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 06:08:19 AM »
Mike that's been weighing heavy on my mind for a while.  I don't travel out-of-town without a rifle anymore.  And...on significant dates like 911 I do not travel at all. 

Recently in Russia 4 terrorists killed ~140 people.  That's 35 dead (and 25 hospitalized with significant wounds) per person.  Now, figure you have just 1,000 terrorists in 250 four man cells that got the call to go and they do 1/2 that damage it would be 17,500 people killed.  Take that to 10,000 terrorists (actually, a minimal number that has likely gotten in along with the new Democrat voters the administration has waved on in) and it's far worse. 

An attack like above will likely be more lethal than 1/2 the damage.  Police will be absolutely overwhelmed and an attack may linger for a long time.  Look at the Lewiston, Maine, shooter that killed 18 people in a bowling alley...the entire state was tied up looking for that idiot until they found him dead (after failing to search the entire premises).  I suspect the kill ratio will be higher rather than lower if an atrocity like this ever happens...let's pray it never happens.

Anyone who doesn't have enough supplies to stay home for at least a couple of weeks isn't pondering the possibility of a coordinated mass attack using new Democrat voters infiltrated terrorists and Chicom regulars. 

Another consideration which is a take from the October 7th atrocity in Israel....only 1/2 the casualties were caused by Hamas.  The remainder was from Palestinian citizens who came in after Hamas had begun.  Let that sink in for a minute.

And...I betcha', that if you try to protect your family and get caught you'll be preferentially prosecuted over the terrorists...such is the state of our nation.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2024, 05:32:04 PM »
That last sentence is so true that it tells a lot about how screwed up the whole country is.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:44:42 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2024, 08:54:18 AM »
Of the 28K Chinese nationals, how many were given a court date in 2032 or beyond?

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2024, 12:10:36 PM »
Timothy, the number of chinese nationals was updated yesterday(On Newsmax) to 80,000 known illegals, that's 2 corps of military age males, Do you think maybe they are headed to the land the chicoms own near our military bases? This is something the media should be reporting.That doesn't include the getaways.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Diamondback

• NRA/SAF Life Member, FPC Member, SMF Lawfare Donor
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2024, 02:06:21 PM »
A few neighbors (many of whom are combat veterans) and I have been looking into spinning up a Neighborhood Watch program for our little cul-de-sac, and recent events have started to set me thinking about suggesting once that foundation's laid we should see about standing up a QRF for Worst Case Scenario. Stuff like who's chainsawing what trees to block the road, who's watching what sectors for foot approach when, who's doing the supply runs, who's keeping the ammo stash, that kinda stuff.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"YOU IDIOTS! I WROTE 1984 AS A WARNING, NOT A HOW-TO MANUAL!"
--the ghost of George Orwell

Life Member NRA/SAF - FPC Member - WA CPL holder

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2024, 04:24:49 PM »
Timothy, the number of chinese nationals was updated yesterday(On Newsmax) to 80,000 known illegals, that's 2 corps of military age males, Do you think maybe they are headed to the land the chicoms own near our military bases? This is something the media should be reporting.That doesn't include the getaways.

Wherever they’re headed, it ain’t my town..

As to the media, only a few bother to report anything at the border and half the country doesn’t give a shit or they believe the mainstream liars in media!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk