Author Topic: 9MM 1911  (Read 12140 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 9MM 1911
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 09:48:44 PM »
Tom, a guest and I were just talking about this tonight, if the serialized bullets go into effect, We all swap 10 cartridges apiece per caliber, and then load our guns with at least 10 different signatures, none of them our own, then any shooting will look like a gang shooting, even if done by one person. ;D

COMMENTS??
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 09:49:59 PM »
Michael, good luck at the SSC ;)

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 10:00:08 PM »
Just ponied up my $200 for entry on Single Stack Classic. I'm gonna go minor and shoot a Para...hopefully the Para version of the LTC. If I can's get the Blogger gun, I'll build one on the LTC I have!!!

Michael B

Michael,
What about the 18-9? I think you have one of those. What's your impression of it compared to the LTC?

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 11:58:24 PM »
Tom, a guest and I were just talking about this tonight, if the serialized bullets go into effect, We all swap 10 cartridges apiece per caliber, and then load our guns with at least 10 different signatures, none of them our own, then any shooting will look like a gang shooting, even if done by one person. ;D

COMMENTS??

File the numbers off before loading them.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 12:56:42 AM »
Take the barrels, slides, and firing pins from several pistols, and reassemble randomly. The gunpowder may be tagged as well as the bullets and cases being marked, but shuffling your ammo with all your friends will mess that up too. Pull all the bullets from the cases and reload them randomly. There will be tags from random loads of powder, random bullets, and random brass assuming it's left at the scene, and the bullets and brass won't match. The brass will have breech marks from one gun, firing pin impressions from another, and the bullets will have rifling from yet another. Sounds like a big ol' mess for the CSIs.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:11:29 AM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 11:25:15 AM »
Guys, that dirty, lowdown, sneaky, dispicable etc, etc, etc.!   I like it!!!!!!!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 11:47:01 AM »
The 18-9 has always been a tank...the double stack 9s never suffered from the various weird quirks of the single stacks. My theory — and I have a theory, generally wrong, incomplete or just stupid, about everything, as you all well know — is that the double stacks evolved out of competition .38 Supers, and competition guns first and foremost have to run all the time.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 12:39:46 PM »
In the 1911 genre, I would have to agree, but there were several successful double stack 9's before Ipsc was born, highpowers, CZ75, the lowly 59 smith with ramped barrels. Did the ramped barrel makers for 1911's look at what worked before the need arose? Either way, we are all glad they did what they did.

TSB

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 04:49:01 PM »
Buy two Para LTC's, one in 9mm and the other in .45 ACP.  Same weight, same sight picture, same operation, same holsters but one is cheaper to shoot and both are light enough to carry all day, every day.

I've a .45 (alloy), looking to supplement with the 9mm this spring.  It's a no brainer...

Scott Moore

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 02:03:33 AM »
While not a fan of the 9mm in a handgun, but I like it in my Colt AR Sporter, I remember a friend had a 70 Series Colt Pachmayr Commander that was the bomb. For those to young to remember Frank Pachmayr was not only one of the early great 1911 masters but maybe one of the last true Master Gunsmiths. Now if you can find one of his . . .
J. Scott Moore
Columnist - Downrange.tv

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk