Author Topic: ENGLAND'S GUN BAN --- Excellent YouTube Video  (Read 8246 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 880
Re: ENGLAND'S GUN BAN --- Excellent YouTube Video
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 12:41:04 PM »
One of our biggest failures in the "gun culture" is that we let ourselves be divided by classes just as the Libs divide the US to win elections.  The shotgun sportsmen don't always defend the hunter, the hunters don't defend the handgunner or the three gun match participant and so forth.  And sports writers tell the world they see no need for civilian ownership of military rifles.........
How the Hell can we stand against the Libs when we cannot get our heads around the need to stand together.
Somehow we have to become more cohesive and unified or the SOB's will prevail.  We have to make ourselves heard and seen.
More letters and emails to papers and especially legislators of both parties, drown them in our message.
I challenge you to spend an hour a week writing letters to the news papers and your legislators to keep our side of the issue in their minds.  The readers of this forum are obviously up to speed on issues, continue and expand the sharing of your wealth of knowledge.

Exactly!

The message that every gun owner or shooter needs to understand that it is not about this gun or that, this sport or that, this ammunition or that, it is about the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, PERIOD!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 09:11:30 AM »
One of our biggest failures in the "gun culture" is that we let ourselves be divided by classes just as the Libs divide the US to win elections.  The shotgun sportsmen don't always defend the hunter, the hunters don't defend the handgunner or the three gun match participant and so forth.  And sports writers tell the world they see no need for civilian ownership of military rifles.........
How the Hell can we stand against the Libs when we cannot get our heads around the need to stand together.
Somehow we have to become more cohesive and unified or the SOB's will prevail.  We have to make ourselves heard and seen.
More letters and emails to papers and especially legislators of both parties, drown them in our message.
I challenge you to spend an hour a week writing letters to the news papers and your legislators to keep our side of the issue in their minds.  The readers of this forum are obviously up to speed on issues, continue and expand the sharing of your wealth of knowledge.

Listen to this man.......
Here in australia after the 96 steal back the SSAA (sort of like your NRA but with out balls) dealed away other aspects of shooting to maintain their own disciplines, (forsaken all others) other organisations did the same to protect their own peice of the proverbial pie. Instead of standing steadfast on all discplines, ie rifle shooting, handguns, shotguns etc It came back to bite us in the ass in 2003 where the govt stole back our handguns ie those over .38 cal, pistols with barrels not exceeding 120mm and revolvers not exceeding 100mm. Again the #$%wads dealed away our guns.
Take heed and warning form a country that has been done over by their govt. It is easier to defend ones rights then have to fight to get them back!
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 12:23:38 PM »
Yes, we are ALL in this boat together.......we just have to get a paddle into every person's hands.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

cooptire

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 05:04:38 PM »
Yes, we are ALL in this boat together.......we just have to get a paddle into every person's hands.

Therein lies the BIG problem. HOW do we do that effectively?
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 01:22:56 AM »
Therein lies the BIG problem. HOW do we do that effectively?

Over the last few years I have come the the conclusion that playing fair, being reasonable and education fails to get through to existing firearm owners as only about 5% are willing to do anything including writing letters to members of parliament.
This leaves doing the same as the antis, and playing dirty.
For eg there is an organisation in Australia called the National Coalition for Gun Control (NCGC), this organisation (cough, spit, vomit) is in fact a two person controlled media expert on all things firearms, govt listen to them, media quote them and give them air time, despite them being wrong 99% of the time. They outright lie, they distort the truth, manipulate the statistics to their own favour and in the last 13 years have been responsible for tightening already restrictive gun laws.
It is my personal opnion unless we (firearms owners and shooters) are willing to stoop to the same level then we will lose.
When fighting in the pig pen one must expect to get a little dirty.
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:11:35 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 01:37:17 AM »
Over the last few years I have come the the conclusion that playing fair, being reasonable and education fails to get through to existing firearm owners as only about 5% are willing to do anything including writing letters to members of parliament.
This leaves doing the same as the antis, and playing dirty.
For eg there is an organisation in Australia called the National Coalition for Gun Control (NCGC), this organisation (cough, spit, vomit) is in fact a two person controlled media expert on all things firearms, govt listen to them, media quote them and give them air time, despite them being wrong 99% of the time. They outright lie, they distort the truth, manipulate the statistics to their own favour and in the last 13 years have been responsible for tightening already restrictive gun laws.
It is my personal opnion unless we (firearms owners and shooters) are willing to stoop to the same level then we will lose.
When fighting in the pig pen one must expect to get a little dirty.

I've said similar things.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 01:23:31 PM »
I've said similar things.

He has, he really has.   ;)

There is no easy answer to the problem.
Right now (and for the past few years) I contact my elected officials, as well as Congressional committees with info and concerns about firearms legislation and 2A issues on a regular basis.
I also include snippets in all my outgoing emails with statements like "While you were reading this email, a group of people were eroding your freedom to protect yourself and your family" along with a link to the NRA website.
It's not much on the grand scheme of things, but it is better than doing absolutely nothing.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk