Author Topic: I want some of that money !  (Read 2422 times)

1776 Rebel

I want some of that money !
« on: December 11, 2008, 03:55:24 PM »
Here is an article from the WSJ on how OUR money is going to be spent...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122887075956093233.html

While the WSJ may have objections to these projects, I want to propose one of my own...

Since we are in the middle of an unbelievable spending binge let's build 1000 shooting ranges across America and its territories !  That comes out as roughly 20 per state. I am estimating 500K per range. That is a half billion dollars in total. Hell that's a rounding error ! That really isn't asking very much. It would be quite a stimulus to a homegrown industry and would put lots of folks to work. It would certainly take care of some of the NSSF analysis done in the summer. Do I hear a motion to second?

How about the NRA or NSSF getting off their duffs and making such a proposal.

cooptire

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I want some of that money !
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 04:42:09 PM »
Here is an article from the WSJ on how OUR money is going to be spent...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122887075956093233.html

While the WSJ may have objections to these projects, I want to propose one of my own...

Since we are in the middle of an unbelievable spending binge let's build 1000 shooting ranges across America and its territories !  That comes out as roughly 20 per state. I am estimating 500K per range. That is a half Billion dollars in total. Hell that's a rounding error ! That really isn't asking very much. It would be quite a stimulus to a homegrown industry and would put lots of folks to work. It would certainly take care of some of the NSSF analysis done in the summer. Do I hear a motion to second?

How about the NRA or NSSF getting off their duffs and making such a proposal.

I second the motion. All in favor, say Aye.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 05:02:22 PM »
or you could spend it here in Aust,

they way the Aussie $$$   >:( 

today $1 USD  = $0.67 AUD
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 05:08:16 PM »
I have an idea. Since 90% of our bridges, sewers, and other infrastructure are are about ready to fail, why don't they fix them, and forget all the duck ponds and BS?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk