Author Topic: What do SHTF & TEOTWAWKI mean to you?  (Read 10938 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: What do SHTF & TEOTWAWKI mean to you?
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 06:06:12 PM »

THE CELL PHONE ! !

Actually, I ignore my cell phone just as much as my home phone....If I want to talk to someone, I'll call THEM..otherwise, leave me alone....

Amen my brothers, Amen.

How did we ever evolve without cell phones and texting?
 ;)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TSB

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 06:22:23 PM »

Amen my brothers, Amen.

How did we ever evolve without cell phones and texting?
 ;)

Opposable thumbs!!! 8)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 06:39:35 PM »
Actually, I ignore my cell phone just as much as my home phone....If I want to talk to someone, I'll call THEM..otherwise, leave me alone....

You should have to have one of those Dingleberries Blackberries as a condition of employment.  You are in an envious position...I shut-off call waiting...the wife turns it back on...I get rid of the answering machine and danged if the phone company doesn't include it for her and sends me a monthly fee.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TSB

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 06:51:37 PM »
You should have to have one of those Dingleberries Blackberries as a condition of employment.  You are in an envious position...I shut-off call waiting...the wife turns it back on...I get rid of the answering machine and danged if the phone company doesn't include it for for her and sends me a monthly fee.

I have a calibration device for the "Crackberries" the poor saps I work with carry, otherwise known as a framing hammer!

Oh, and I have one of those "wife" thingies myself, may be another use for the calibrator after all? ??? :D

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 07:09:47 PM »
I have a calibration device for the "Crackberries" the poor saps I work with carry, otherwise known as a framing hammer!............

Guess I can do anything I want on my last day at work...   ;)

I ain't touchin that wife thingie statement....I've got to sleep between the Dingleberrie Blackberrie annoyances.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:11:08 AM »

warhawke

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 08:27:28 PM »
To veer back to the original question;

SHTF is any disaster that effects you in a bad way. Mall shooting, get fired, hurricane, personal injury, blizzard, whatever. It is something that forces YOU to fall back on your own resources. Can't get to the store, no electricity, no money for food or what have you.

TEOTWAWKI is just that The End Of The World A We Know It. Civilization no longer functions, you are forced to handle your problems by yourself or with the people in your immediate area. No more food out of season, no more access to cheap mass-produced products, no more petroleum products, nothing but what you have or can make.

Katrina and the rest are SHTF but not TEOTWAWKI, the people there might not have had access to the fruits of civilization but only temporarily. A major nuclear war, asteroid impact, total economic collapse, major pandemic and other things that prevent to wheels of civilization from turning are what you are talking about there.

Civilization is not cities and technology, it's millions of people you don't know getting up every morning and doing jobs you have never heard of. When people cannot do their jobs and thereby prevent you from doing yours, that is TEOTWAWKI.
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"
(The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety)
Virgil

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 10:38:38 PM »
TEOTWAWKI is just that The End Of The World A We Know It. Civilization no longer functions, you are forced to handle your problems by yourself or with the people in your immediate area. No more food out of season, no more access to cheap mass-produced products, no more petroleum products, nothing but what you have or can make.

I think that one way or the other we are headed for the above, and I am doing some preparation for such , while hoping that I am wrong.
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

Mud Horse

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 10:52:39 PM »
SHTF:  I'm gambling in Havana and get mixed up with a waitress who turns out to be a Russian operative.

TEOTWAWKI:  We are there right now.  The world as we know it ends moment by moment.  Roll with it.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 02:59:41 AM »
SHTF:  I'm gambling in Havana and get mixed up with a waitress who turns out to be a Russian operative.

TEOTWAWKI:  We are there right now.  The world as we know it ends moment by moment.  Roll with it.

Not a bad outlook quoted above.

A good explanation on your part Warhawke.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 03:15:32 AM »
A global disaster is TEOTWAWKI. A Mad Mad - Road Warrior type of scenario would be TEOTWAWKI. Globar thermonuclear war a la WWIII. An asteroid impact that kills 90% or more of the population and plunges us into an ice age would qualify too. That one may even happen in my lifetime. We're in a cosmc shooting gallery and know where less than 1% of the bullets are aimed.

The SHTF quite a lot more often than that type of event and isn't as bad. The S has HTF several times for me on a personal level.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk