Author Topic: Baby Glock Virgin  (Read 7211 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Baby Glock Virgin
« on: January 05, 2009, 08:04:42 PM »
I was at the range during the holidays with my two sons-in-law, one of whom is a conservation officer. After some clay shooting we were popping away with the handguns. I had them both try the MB M&P9 and they both loved it. The LEO was especially interested since his dept was thinking of going to .40 from 9mm Glocks, and I suggested they might think of the M&Ps.

Then my son-in-law let us try is off duty gun, a little bitty Glock 26. I had never tried one before and FIRST TIME I shot as accurately as I had with my M&P. It was amazingly accurate considering the limited grip. Wow. Makes me think that if his dept. switches I might have to try to get the thing off of him.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1071
Re: Baby Glock Virgin
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:29:28 PM »
I've read of compact Glocks being quite accurate too. I've heard of some other compact guns being even more accurate than full-sized guns. Para is the one I've heard that about the most. It goes against everything we thought we knew about barrel length, huh? If they do sell the baby Glocks save one for me. I need a 9x19 for my collection.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

CurrieS103

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 07:41:09 AM »
I have a Glock 30 and it makes make a ragged hole in the middle, no problem
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

ratcatcher55

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 09:13:43 AM »
I have shot qualifiers with both a G26 & G27 and found them very accurate to shoot. I do need the magazine extensions or my draw and grip suffer.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 12:00:06 PM »
Yea, now if they would take the D..n finger grooves off them.  I shot a first gen. 26 and loved it.  Didn't have the $$$ at the time or I might have gotten one.

Richard

Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:14:51 PM »

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 12:30:09 PM »
Love my glock 26, carry IWB. It's as accurate as any 4 or 5 inch pistol I own. But I do shoot and carry it with the mag extensions. With them on I can get a full grip on it.
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 07:12:42 PM »
Cant say enough good things about my 26....

Yea, now if they would take the D..n finger grooves off them. 

Richard

They can be ground off..... Belt sander anyone?

Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1071
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 11:27:47 PM »
Cant say enough good things about my 26....

They can be ground off..... Belt sander anyone?

Use a soldering iron and burn them off like warts, maybe?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 11:57:34 PM »
A Glock that is accurate? Impossible! Everyone knows that only 1911 pistols are accurate!  ;)

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 12:29:24 AM »
Yea, now if they would take the D..n finger grooves off them.
I was just noting how much I like the groove-less grip on my 2nd generation Glock 23. However I am interested in trying out the new 22RTF (rough texture frame). It was just approved for CA and even though I have a 22 already, I might get one. The grooves do seem to be a little more useful on the shorter guns, when you're not using mag extensions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk